S 237 What is in it?

They roll it out in waves to avoid mass problems if issues do arise. Usually the updates go full within a week, so maybe they had to put it on hold for some reason.

It's a pretty common pattern we've seen before. Release xxx comes out and either dribbles out very slowly or stalls, then relatively shortly afterwards, xxx+1 goes wide and is pretty much complete within a few days.

Still waiting for S237. However, since my Hopper install on 1/11/13, my Caller ID had not worked until 2/13/13 when it suddenly started working. I had called Dish previously because the Caller Id was not working despite hard resets, etc. They had told me the new firmware should fix the problem. Apparently, though, it was divine intervention instead.

Yeah, they roll it out, monitor for issues and continue rolling. If an issue is found that they deem severe enough, they stop the roll out and fix the issue, then finish rolling it to everyone else. This isn't uncommon, the same process is used everytime.
Exactly, which has always been my position. In the years I've been with dish only once was I in the first group get the update. I don't understand the urgency some seem to experience.

Well, for me, I am anxious for the new software to see if it fixes some of the bugs and speeds up the Hoppers a little.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

There used to be, but Dish apparently didn't think it was worth the effort.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts