S Sm-24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rick in MD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
OK, I have one of these from Sadoun http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/S/S-SM24-2x4-multi-switch.htm (not sure why I bought it at the time) I want to take my motored dish, and connect it plus another LNBF to it. Can I, not sure if I am explaining this correctly.. But I can't get to G10 and the rest of the ARC from the HH motor, and I want to setup a single dish and LNB for G10 and also connect to the HH motor at the same time to the same recv.

Rick

This is not the right switch to do that. There are 2 inputs (H and V) and 4 outputs on the switch. The inputs are used to connect a dual LNBF. The outputs allow you to hook up up to 4 receivers. Also, this switch can be used if you have an dual output LNBF with V on one of the outputs and H on the other.

In your case, you really need a 2-way DiSEqC switch.

You install the DiSEqC switch between the motor and the 1st LNBF. Then you connect the 2nd DISH to the 2nd input on the DiSEqC switch.

Rick
That switch works if you have a dish at G10 and want to hook 3 recevers to it....thats what I did for a while. :)

Gotcha, Looks like I had it all backwards (In my mind it was all OK) for the setup I envisioned.

Thanks
Rick

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)