S-sm21h ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

melbfla

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Hello everyone.
Well I got the S-SM21H from Sadum , I installed this way
The circular LNBF is a single Direct TV brand new my neighbour gave me.

Circular = LNC B 13/18V

Universal = LNC S 13/18v

RX = Motor

I have the Fortec Star Classic NA , with the system I have in my signature , the system works great with the Universal LNBF but with the circular LNBF the motor does not go to the satellites , it says it is moving but stays on the same position.
My questions are
1st is my hook up correct?
2nd on this receiver what should my settings be for that satellite
Thanks in advance.
Fortec universal 0.4dB Single KU LNBF.

missing links...

I used to live down there when I was a kid.
My Dad worked at the Cape. :)

You didn't exactly tell us how you had things hooked up.
Normally, you would need some sort of switch to let the two LNBs be hooked to the system.
Also, how are the two LNBs mounted on your dish?
What should your settings be for which satellite?

The SM21 is a 22k switch. Problem is you can’t use a 22k switch with a Universal LNB because the Universal LNB already has a 22k built in.

Is the switch between the motor and the LNB’s? Normally it should be.

Hi Anole
Well you probably would find the area a lot different a lot of growth..

the S-SM21H is a switch 2-Way 2IN -1 OUT 22KZ Multi switch

The Universal is mounted normally the circular I made a bracked and is bolted next to the Universal that came with the system.
I am interested on any FTA channels such as Music or GOAL or NASA on any of the DIsh or Direct satellites. I am getting a full arc from Hispasat at 30W to Galaxy 10R 123W with the regular Universal set up , but I goot the circular for free so I had to try.....

Melbfla

Also, the DBS LNB will be offset by 5 degrees or so depending on how you mounted the LNB. On mine (I have a DBS next to a Sadoun Dual LNB) the offset is 5 degrees. So the motor moves to where 105 would be for me to get 110.

Thanks Iceberg

So I guess I have the wrong type of switch ?? Do you recommend one ?

Yes I have the connection marke RX going to the motor

Sorry, I should have looked up the S-SM21H and seen it was a switch.
Traditionally, you'd use a diseqc switch, and as Iceberg said above, it'd go between the motor and the LNBs.
Also, the local oscillator for the circular LNB is different, but that's not stopping your motor from running. :)

When I lived there, they still had a wooden bridge on the north side of town. :rolleyes:
Is that 12' diameter orange (think it was the welcome center) still on the main road driving south into town along the coast?

Anole
The wooden bridge if it was the Madders Brige not sure about spelling that I think was just redone and the big orange was removed and it might have been relocated not 100% sure , I lived in the area since 1978 boy has it change if you are interested on keeping and eye on things you can always go to www.floridatoday.com is the local paper.

Going back to my dilemma I guess I order the wrong switch no big deal I will get a regular switch, as far as setting on my fortec receiver how do I tell it which side of the switch I want to be on , or does it figure it out by itself. Not sure how it would understand that I have 2 lnb's (probably a stupid question) but oh well it goes with me.....lol
Regards

in the setup for each satellite (in the setup menu), you would have to change the "diseqc" spot. I would plug the KU Band (Universal) into port 1 and the DBS in port 2. Make sure to power off the box (switch on back) before adding the switch

here is a screenshot of the menu (found it in the review area). Where is says "Diseqc" is where you change it

Attachments

• IM000604.JPG
    IM000604.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 147
Thanks again to every one that responded to my questions.

I do have one more. If the 22khz does not work for what I am trying to do I am just wondering what application would the 22khz switch be used for?
Probably a stupid question but I am curious as to why they make one .
Regards

A 22k switch will work the same as a 2x1 Diseqc as long as the LNB’s are both standard

I have a Sadoun dual LNB that is a standard LNB and a DBS next to it. They are combined with a 22k switch.

A Standard LNB covers frequencies 11.7-12.2Mhz whereas a Universal covers 10.7-12.2

The low band is used in Europe but the only satellite here that needs it is PAS9 at 58W (Cubavision)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)