S247 for Original Hopper is Out

Rizon216

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Virginia
I got S247 on my Hopper yesterday and couldn't find a thread for it. Changed the TV Viewing Status screen - it is now an overlay and you can see behind it, although it takes up almost the whole screen, and made some distinctions as to the different tuners and stuff that can be accessed without using a tuner.

Also noticed it changed the info banner (the one that shows up when you press Exit) - it is now an overlay as well and is offset slightly from the top and sides of the screen.

Didn't notice anything else, but the girlfriend was watching TV most of yesterday evening/night so didn't have a chance to play with much.

Not sure if there was a Joey update or not since I didn't use the Joey at all yesterday - will report back tonight.

Was kind of surprised to see no one else had posted about this release yet as I'm usually towards the end of the software update releases.

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up. So far still on S246/S292/S311 here.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I've got S295 on my Joey, and it has the same features so far.

I've attached a picture of the new TV viewing status window if anyone's interested (hard to tell that it's an overlay since it's on a Sirius channel, but the top and left side have about an inch or so of the program viewable in the background).

ForumRunner_20130626_222824.png

I've got S295 on my Joey, and it has the same features so far.

I've attached a picture of the new TV viewing status window if anyone's interested (hard to tell that it's an overlay since it's on a Sirius channel, but the top and left side have about an inch or so of the program viewable in the background).

View attachment 88898

Ooooh....me like!

Yes. Only early testers should have gotten it. Perhaps, somebody at Dish entered a receiver number into the beta database incorrectly, and you got lucky. (or, unlucky, depending on rev.)
Do you think Dish has a pre-determined listing of receiver IDs that normally get s/w updates first ? I know it does seem like certain members are often in the first wave -- I just wondered if it was random or not.

Did the rollout of this stop ? I was under the impression that it was going to be pushed to ALL receivers by the previous weekend but I'm still on S246 here.

Did the rollout of this stop ? I was under the impression that it was going to be pushed to ALL receivers by the previous weekend but I'm still on S246 here.
s246 is the latest one. OP is the only person on this forum to have those later releases which may be in testing.

I'm on S249 now as of a couple days ago.

One thing I did notice about the new screen - it's not actually an overlay (it does take up the whole screen). I had to adjust my screen size in the past since part of the guide was cut off, but apparently something changed in one of the latest releases (or I inadvertently changed something on my TV) so the default size is now perfect for my TV, but my size setting remained the same.

What threw me off was that the TV channels took up the full screen, but the guide was smaller and had a black border around it, and the Hopper menus/screens took up the size that the "adjust screen size" setting was set to (and had the show playing in the background, making it look like an overlay).

I'm still on s246. Having two replacement remotes being sent to me. Rep said the remote software could be why the channel changing is slow. Before they did all the updates channel surfing was fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts