S511 this morning on my hopper 3 DVR

Unfortunately you cannot make it smaller to go back to the size it was before this unwanted update (they are too big now at the new small size.
I posted about what a bad idea this was on the tech portal. Still waiting to see who or if it gets replies. The size doesn't bother me, but no text labels on sporting events, like posted above, is a bad thing

Both my H1’s were updated to U122. Skip forward, skip back, fast forward, fast back are all screwed up! Screen says 30 seconds on skip forward but it’s more like 10 seconds. Now takes 3 presses of skip forward to skip over a 30 second commercial instead of one press. Try to go back and it skips FORWARD some more! Totally useless. Pressing stop at the end of viewing a show doesn’t work. This is all while viewing a show stored on the second H1 from the first H1. Fast forward barely advances despite being at 300x.

I'm having this trouble on my HWS (new s/w with the new icons). The trick play is a mess. Note that I only see the problem when playing a recording from my "other" HWS. I haven't seen the problem playing local recordings. Tried a reboot of both boxes. No help.

This is a critical function for a 2 box household.

The HWS has been a disaster since "Carbon". I've been avoiding the "upgrade" from 2x HWS to 1x H3 due to the annoyance of having to lose about 150 timers. This one will throw me over the edge.

Sigh

Should probably start a new thread since this is a H3 thread.

Reactions: navychop
I got the H3 update today.
Strictly anecdotal here.
Much less or much better video compression.
Todays picture is remarkably better than yesterdays.
Richer vibrant colors and more detail during movement in scenes.

OR

Someone snuck into my house and performed professional calibrations on all the sets in my house.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: HipKat
U511 — Alternative Dish Press Release….

In recognition of decreasing literacy, Dish has begun future-proofing the Hopper 3 by eliminating the space wasting DVR recording titles. Our next bold Hooper 3 enhancement will be to help viewers further avoid reading by replacing subtitles with emoji.

U511 — Alternative Dish Press Release….

In recognition of decreasing literacy, Dish has begun future-proofing the Hopper 3 by eliminating the space wasting DVR recording titles. Our next bold Hooper 3 enhancement will be to help viewers further avoid reading by replacing subtitles with emoji.

I like the new look.

What's emoji ?

Please type slowly so I can keep up.

I hate the missing titles on the recordings with version U511. I even called tech support thinking it was a bug. The tech said the only recourse is if enough people complain they "might" change it back.

Reactions: pattykay
  • Movies for purchase!
    • Movies can be purchased from the Video On Demand catalog and may be viewed an unlimited number of times
    • Purchases can be made on the receiver or on dishanywhere.com using a credit or debit card
    • An internet connection is required to use this feature
    • The first time the Buy option is chosen the customer will be required to enter payment information
      • Payment information must be entered on the Hopper or Wally
      • A payment method cannot be setup on the Joey at this time
    • Purchased content is stored in the cloud and may be viewed from the Wally or Hopper family receivers including Joey
    • Content is also viewable from dishanywhere.com or using the dishanywhere app

I think that it is fair to assume that this "purchase" is lost if/when you cancel Dish service.

I think that it is fair to assume that this "purchase" is lost if/when you cancel Dish service.
According to the Original post, you'll still have DA access, but I'm still wondering how if you don't have a DA receiver......

According to the Original post, you'll still have DA access, but I'm still wondering how if you don't have a DA receiver......
Because the purchased films are downloaded each time you watch them and don't reside on a receiver. So, they are held on a server for you to use anytime time you wish.

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)