Sabathia a done deal! Signs with the Yankees!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
With all the money still being given out, I dont want to hear about how the economy is "hurting" owners. They seem to say that and to remidy the situationm= the dont modify new contract dollars given they just seem to stick it to the fans.

Though the sigining does make sense as the yankees pitching was not very good last year.

The owners have NEVER BEEN hurt! People think small market teams a losing money. They never lost money, they just didn't make AS MUCH MONEY as all the mid to big market teams. And ever since the MLB's version of revenue sharing came out, ALL TEAMS make money.

THIS is why I get upset with fans when they side with management.:mad::mad:

As Chris Rock once said, "Shaq is rich.....the man who signs his checks is wealthy....BIG DIFFERENCE!".....

While I'm glad the Hefty Lefty chose to stay in the AL so I can keep better track of his career, I'm sure as hell not liking how the Yankees suddenly have starting pitching. (And I'm afraid this is only the beginning).

The '09 season is sure going to be a VERY competitive year in the AL.

Good luck C.C. (Just not when we face you). Thanks for the memories in Cleveland.

Your internet doesn't cover the NL? What about the newspapers you read?:D

As I see it, if the Yankees had one more pitcher lst year they would have made the Wild Card.

Anyhow, that was last year, and I am glad they got their 1st choice.

Right now it looks to me that the Yankee's just replaced a 20 game winner (Mussina), with another potential 20 game winner. So maybe you're still short a pitcher?

With all the money still being given out, I dont want to hear about how the economy is "hurting" owners. They seem to say that and to remidy the situation they dont modify new contract dollars given they just seem to stick it to the fans.

Though the sigining does make sense as the yankees pitching was not very good last year.

The owners have NEVER BEEN hurt! People think small market teams a losing money. They never lost money, they just didn't make AS MUCH MONEY as all the mid to big market teams. And ever since the MLB's version of revenue sharing came out, ALL TEAMS make money.

THIS is why I get upset with fans when they side with management.:mad::mad:

As Chris Rock once said, "Shaq is rich.....the man who signs his checks is wealthy....BIG DIFFERENCE!".....

Can I get an AMEN? The real losers here are the fans who do the real paying out, in the form of tickets, consessions, parking, higher TV costs, etc....

Right now it looks to me that the Yankee's just replaced a 20 game winner (Mussina), with another potential 20 game winner. So maybe you're still short a pitcher?

We are still short a pitcher...Chen-Ming Wang. Hopefully he'll be back at full strength, as will Joba. Add Derek Lowe, hopefully Pettitte returns, and we go into this year much more prepared than last year.

Instead of assuming Hughes and/or Kennedy will fill rotation spots, now if one of them does step up and pitch well it will be a pleasant surprise insead.

Sandra

We have a lot "ifs" in Detroit too.

The demise of that staff in such a short period of time is amazing. Seems like yesterday Verlander, Bonderman, Rogers and Robertson were the model pitching staff. Along with Zumaya and Rodney ther were bringing velocity back.

They add Dontrelle, but now there more 'what happeneds' than 'what ifs'.

Sandra

Well - I think ALL teams could use at least one more pitcher - don't you? But something tells me that the Yanks ain't done yet.

But the starting rotation led by CC, and Wang, and Joba isn't too shabby to begin with. Maybe Pettite will be back (I would like that).

Well - I think ALL teams could use at least one more pitcher - don't you? But something tells me that the Yanks ain't done yet.

But the starting rotation led by CC, and Wang, and Joba isn't too shabby to begin with. Maybe Pettite will be back (I would like that).

No doubt. Funny thing about pitching is how fragile it is. (See Sandra's view on Detroit's pitching a couple of posts back.) Atlanta had an enormous amount of luck with their staff throughout their run - everybody managed to stay relatively healthy for about a decade, and pitched well year in and year out.

Your internet doesn't cover the NL? What about the newspapers you read?:D

Lol! I guess I just pay more attention to the AL and the teams my Indians play regularly. If he got shipped to an NL team, it'd be like keeping in touch with a distant relative and getting 2nd hand accounts on what he's up to.

And if that rotation doesn't work for you, you could always assemble an offensive line out of that mass. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)