Sacramento KCRA HD audio problem?

am_dew

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
Occaisionally the audio completely drops out for a while on Sacramento's KCRA HD channel. We have DISH HD (VIP612 box) and it happens on the DISH signal as well as the OTA signal we get via an antenna connected to the DISH receiver's OTA tuner. It happened this morning on our living room TV and I immediately then checked the bedroom TV (fed by a separate DISH VIP612 box) and there was no audio on KCRA HD there as well. The other DISH channels were fine on both TVs so it seems as though the KCRA HD signal for some reason is dropping the audio from time to time.

Anyone else, either a DISH HD subscriber or an OTA recipient, experiencing this? The next time it happens I am going to connect my antenna directly to the TV and see if there is audio or not...to see if it's the DISH VIP 612 box that is causing this.

Sounds like it is a problem with the station itself. I didn't watch TV this morning, but I have had that happen in the past also.

Yea, that's what I am thinking too, but I would like to take the DISH box out of the picture to be sure since it seems the VIP612 box has some issues.

Has it happened to you while viewing the DISH signal or OTA? If OTA, was your antenna connected to your DISH box or directly to the TV?

P.S. Am I doing something wrong when all the space above appears when quoting? Sometime it shows, sometimes not.

When I used to get KCRA via dish, it would happen there at the same time it would happen over the air. I do not get KCRA through Dish anymore, just OTA. From time to time the locals will have transmission issues.

My TV does have a digital tuner but I just switch to the other NBC station I receive.

I think earlier in the year, one of the locals, can't remember if it was 3 or 13 digital, was completely down for a day or 2. I believe it was down on Dish also. I think the only one getting that downed channel may have been Comcast and analog OTA viewers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)