Respect -5
Benefits -5
Job Security -5
Work/Life Balance -5
Career Potential/Growth 2
Location 0
Co-worker Competence -3
Work Environment -4
Dish 'Fired' 20% of it's IT workforce last week. They have done this two years in a row. 'Fired' so they do not pay unemployment. Get out as fast as you can. One good thing - if you want to be promoted fast you can, they have openings all the time from stuff like this. Even at the VP level. You have to be at work from 08:30 to 4pm presently, even if you just worked on a project all night. 08:31 you are late. late three times and fired.

I don't work for DISH and never will, perhaps current employees could give their impressions. This excerpt is taken from a website called JobVent. Even from its name you can surmise that it is geared towards people who are not happy in their jobs. I read some other postings. I think those folks were burned out or never should have been in customer service jobs in the first place. DISH may be a horrible place to work, I don't know, but I think this site needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Perhaps every website, even this one should be also.

Last edited:
Working at Dish Network - Reviews of Jobs at Dish Network

Rating DetailsFrom Englewood — 01/09/2010
Category Rating
Pay -2
Respect -5
Benefits -5
Job Security -5
Work/Life Balance -5
Career Potential/Growth 2
Location 0
Co-worker Competence -3
Work Environment -4
Dish 'Fired' 20% of it's IT workforce last week. They have done this two years in a row. 'Fired' so they do not pay unemployment. Get out as fast as you can. One good thing - if you want to be promoted fast you can, they have openings all the time from stuff like this. Even at the VP level. You have to be at work from 08:30 to 4pm presently, even if you just worked on a project all night. 08:31 you are late. late three times and fired.

Please, just go ahead and cancel your service now.

I just found it interesting besides it was sent to me by a E insider who couldnt post it themselves:(

I want to check for other companies including my competitors:)

I could personally care less how happy E's people are. The only thing I care about is my bill not going up more than a couple of bucks.

Let me be subtle. GO AWAY BOB!!! You are embarrassing yourself beyond belief.
It's not what you say, it's HOW you say it. OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

OH, OH, OH.. so much for your "source" who said there would be an additional $5.00 for no phone connection and who you unrelentingly kept posting about.

Last edited:
Maybe a poll needs to be put up. Please choose as many as you think apply:

Bob is crazy!
Bob needs to get a life!
Bob needs to drop dish and stop posting!
Bob has entirely too much time on his hands!
Bob is still crazy!
:D

Bob is posting what he wants to say, that is unfortunately where the net is going, people live on here, more so than in their homes? People have been here less time than me (myself 900??? something post )and have 5k post, hopefully you don't have a family you avoid.

Let me be subtle. GO AWAY BOB!!! You are embarrassing yourself beyond belief.
It's not what you say, it's HOW you say it. OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

OH, OH, OH.. so much for your "source" who said there would be an additional $5.00 for no phone connection and who you unrelentingly kept posting about.

well it was part of training but nothing was set in stone.

besides the link is interesting, check out all the other companies...

what someone really needs to do is make a spreadsheet/webpage where everyone can go and select what package they have, how many receivers, add on packs, etc... so they can find out for themselves what thier bill will be. maybe that will help the situation.

what someone really needs to do is make a spreadsheet/webpage where everyone can go and select what package they have, how many receivers, add on packs, etc... so they can find out for themselves what thier bill will be. maybe that will help the situation.

thats a good idea, E is putting one up, to explain their new simplified pricing:(

heck someone e mailed me that link. I posted it cause it was interesting . I looked up some companies I wondered about like K Mart. The center of long checkout lines, rude employees, expired cough medicine:( really worst retailer around here.

after reading employees comments its no wonder many arent helpful.

Last time I was there the store manager was yelling at a employee in the main aisle, he was swearing at her calling her stupid.

she took her smock off and threw in the the jerks face. than went for the door.

I said to the manager, no matter what she did you deserve to be fired.

I ran and caught up with her, gave her one of my cards said if you need a witness I will be happy too.

I no longer shop at K Mart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts