Sadly leaving dish

Patrick Smith

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Valdosta, GA
I wanted to switch back to DTV and even had an install setup to do so. Decided I love my hopper to much and canceled the DTV install. But I am now going to work in a DTV call center and will be getting free tv service! To good of a deal to pass up! Going to really miss the hoppers speed and UI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I wanted to switch back to DTV and even had an install setup to do so. Decided I love my hopper to much and canceled the DTV install. But I am now going to work in a DTV call center and will be getting free tv service! To good of a deal to pass up! Going to really miss the hoppers speed and UI.

Didn't you just upgrade to the Hopper?

It's hard to beat free! I had Direct when I started working at Dish, and when I was eligible for Dish service, I called to cancel Direct. Was moved to their retention department (pretty sure that is what they call their department for this), and while the young lady was very good, and very convincing, I noted that the discount we got as Dish employees (not everything is free) was far more than they could do. She was really nice about it, but yes...I don't think anybody would give you grief about having the system that your employer provides.

Funny thing, my boss doesn't have Dish, he has Comcast due to NLOS issues.

Enjoy Directv. You'll be able to sleep easier now, knowing that your Sat provider is capable of presenting commercials that are actually funny. :)

Lol, Phil Shiftley.... great commercials...

Tater0388 Would it be better to keep the Hopper for awhile and get some use out of it rather than pay for nothing, just keep a small package? Would that reduce how much you have to actually pay in the end? Congrats on your new job and getting Direct TV for free.
?

Don't let the door....oh, sorry, that was my Tourette's talking. :)

Good luck with the new job.

Tater0388 Would it be better to keep the Hopper for awhile and get some use out of it rather than pay for nothing, just keep a small package? Would that reduce how much you have to actually pay in the end? Congrats on your new job and getting Direct TV for free.
?
That's an excellent idea, plus you get to keep an eye on what the competition is doing. But, the monthly fees might make it not worth it.....

Is the minimum monthly programming less than the monthly cancellation fee? Are you losing DVR'd material?

I would think that including the receiver fees it wouldn't be cheaper.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Lol, Phil Shiftley.... great commercials...

?

I've thought about doing just that. Have to see how much it will be to keep just one hopper in my room and have DTV in the rest of the house!

Thank you all for the support! I will def be checking in here and chatting with everyone!

So I found out today I can't get a Genie so I am def keeping my hopper and have the installer only install in the den. Keeping all my hopper equipment!

Last edited:
I would keep the hopper for sure since that is the case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts