Sadoun 1.8M Polar Mount Assembly

Status
Please reply by conversation.
use more of that 24" stroke:

To confirm this, I first used the stock location and with the actuator saddle clamp loose enough to allow the arm to slide measured the distance from the clamp to the edge of the actuator arm. The delta from the east most to west most was 7.5". OK should have a delta of 15” or so; all the way out at the end of the extender. But only 8”. Half an inch difference between the two deltas. Couldn’t believe it. Measured again, what a bummer. Extender bracket was a totally worthless concept. Half an inch difference, wow. So took the extender back off for my scrap metal pile. Re-connected the arm to the stock angle iron and started doing the due south satellite.
I've had this discussion with others in the past.
Seems like it should work, doesn't it.?.
I'll sketch out something on graph paper later, but just off hand, how about this...
Extend the distance from the dish pivot to where the motor tube is clamped, by about double (or 3x).
I could mark up your picture, but I'm sure you will see where I'm talking about
Probably just relocate that triangular bracket back an additional foot from the dish.

Then, restore your original extender bracket.
Should get you many more inches of tube, and way more counts for that accurate aiming. ;)

You probably want the same distance between the main dish pivot and each end of where the motor bolts on.
Hope someone's who has thought about this, will come to my rescue. - :cool:

Good write up and pictures.

... I made a second stop at the local hardware store for bigger lag screws, and other hardware including spray paint. .

The lag screws are used for what? -- attaching the base to wood framing or studs under the metal roofing?

thanks for the insight

Wrdavis, thanks for the review and insight on the Sadoun 1.8 meter dish! I am seriously considering getting this dish package as an upgrade to my 90cm dish after the motor gave out. It's very helpful to read and learn from others before making any investments in time and money. The insight regarding the 3" versus 2 3/8" and PVC pipe adapter prompted me to think about looking in other places for the 3" pole. The description of the work involved in putting the dish together and aligning it is very helpful. I don't have a problem with snow in my location. It only snows once every 7 to 12 years and when it does snow, it's only 2 inches at the most. Thanks again for the wonderful review and insight.

Can anyone comment on the increase in usable reception on this 1.8m dish versus a 1.2m dish for C-Band? Specifically, I currently get a lot of c-band channels on my 1.2m, but I have a very hard time getting feeds like the ESPN C-band college football feeds. If I would be able to get at least some of the c-band college football feeds with the 1.8m, I would probably purchase it.

order in time for Xmas delivery:

I know the C-band listings for The List say 1.2meters, but those numbers are all recorded on a 6' dish, if I read the forum correctly.
And by our moderator, Iceberg.
Search for some of his posts about his fleet of 6' Fortec (and Sadoun) dishes .

I know the C-band listings for The List say 1.2meters, but those numbers are all recorded on a 6' dish, if I read the forum correctly.
correct. I have to have qwert make that adjustment. Originally it was what he could get on his 1.2m dish but that was few and far between. The 6 footer gets everything on thelist

I get pretty much everything on my 6 footer as well. Since I motorized it using the 24" acuator I'm thinking of using some heavier stock for the angle iron piece they use. I noticed it's starting to bend slightly with use...Blind

Thanks for these pictures i just got this dish in the mail last night and its already put together just gotta mount the pole and put the dish on it, then adjust it and find some sats. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.