Sales tactics at Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JimmySac

Original poster
Jul 1, 2016
texas
Hi

Just had my directv installed and while I like the product I need some advice on how to deal with Driectv regarding promises made to me. I had two major problems during the process of switching over to directv. The first was related to the original Sales person, saying that I needed a Genie 2 to get 4K. I found out later on this forum that this was not the case. When I called to change the order AJ told me that he would refund the prices of the genie2 upgrade. Next after waiting for 6 hours for the installer I called and was told that they would give me an additional $50 rebate for my trouble. Of course my bill doesnt indicate these promises were kept. When I called the supervisor I spoke with said they have no records of these promises.

Any ideas on what I should do? Anyone with similar experiences?

thanks

Thats a hard one. You signed a contract on delivery unless the promises were stated in writting it is your word again theirs. If you sig up with a third party like Sams Costco Best Buy or some US mail ad your out of luck.
Best to call and say cancel service on voice prompt to get to retention department experts. Say you want out or fix it. If anyone can help they can.
Be sure to only call 8am to 5pm CT to get the USA experts.
Good luck and let us know.

Thanks for the help. I asked the people on the phone to send me documentation, but they didnt. When I finally got the installation I was told that my final bill discounts would not be ready for a week. I will try calling tomorrow and let you know.

Any time you get promises about discounts etc. I would ask that they assign a case number to you and provide that. That will leave a paper trail (well, computer trail) increasing the odds that you can hold them to their promises.

I agree and actually have a case number for at least the promise about refunding the $99 charge for the Genie 2. However when I gave the case number to the supervisor on the phone today she said that it said nothing about the refund. What should I have done differently?

Not that you should have thought of this beforehand, but if they sent an email with what they promised, you may have a better chance of holding them to their word. Hindsight is 20/20 as we all know!

Technically you need a genie 2 if you want 4K on the first Tv that would have normally gotten a genie.

Genie2 really isn’t that bad considering the additional tuners.

Being in sales myself I would go back to the original sales rep and see if they will do anything. Depending on the company, they may just give you the $99 to end the problem to keep a customer happy and not wanting to cancel.

I have done this many many times even in situations where we where right and the customer was wrong. Paying $99 is generally cheaper than getting charges back on our sales commission.

If they will not fix it, I would suggest calling Directv and escalating it. Worse case scenario, write a letter and send it regular mail.

Be glad your only dealing with a one time charge and they didn’t mis quote you on a monthly price and your bill is $20 per month higher.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts