Salisbury, MD locals guide issue

tempVAdish

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Temperanceville, VA
Specifically, WBOC...

Anyone else on here in the Salisbury, MD market missing guide info for WBOC? I have WMDT & MPT (28) info, but 16.1 & 21.1 info has been at "Digital Service" for about 2 wks. I've done receiver reset, deleted & rescaned the locals (I'm OTA) but to no avail. I know that WBOC is transmitting data on their OTA, as I have 1 TV that is not on the dish and it's getting guide info from them...

Thanks!
Rob

Specifically, WBOC...

Anyone else on here in the Salisbury, MD market missing guide info for WBOC? I have WMDT & MPT (28) info, but 16.1 & 21.1 info has been at "Digital Service" for about 2 wks. I've done receiver reset, deleted & rescaned the locals (I'm OTA) but to no avail. I know that WBOC is transmitting data on their OTA, as I have 1 TV that is not on the dish and it's getting guide info from them...

Thanks!
Rob
Have you tried contacting the stations and/or DISH? Digital Service usually means DISH has chosen not to carry that stations information.

Anyone else on here in the Salisbury, MD market missing guide info for WBOC? I have WMDT & MPT (28) info, but 16.1 & 21.1 info has been at "Digital Service" for about 2 wks.

Did you drop your satellite-delivered locals 2 weeks ago? The reason I ask is I dropped the sat locals in favor of OTA as soon as that option (dropping locals) became available, for a $10/mo savings. My WETA main channel 26.1 lost it's data, though 26.2-4 retained their info as expected. It has been many months since that happened, and so far I have seen no resolution.

i would contact wboc. if you need the email to to the gm i have it some where

i would bet its on thier end, maybe they want more money to provide the guide data

Thanks all, but I believe the channel change at WBOC is causing the issue I'm having. They used to have 2 sub channels, Fox 21 & one of the classic networks... Well they dropped one of the subs, so now only broadcasting 2 channels instead of 3. Anyone here still from the DIRT team? I tried chatting w/ support to explain this and they told me that Dish would not help me because i'm getting these OTA... Can someone help before my head explodes from that conversation???

Thanks all, but I believe the channel change at WBOC is causing the issue I'm having. They used to have 2 sub channels, Fox 21 & one of the classic networks... Well they dropped one of the subs, so now only broadcasting 2 channels instead of 3. Anyone here still from the DIRT team? I tried chatting w/ support to explain this and they told me that Dish would not help me because i'm getting these OTA... Can someone help before my head explodes from that conversation???
I have been encouraging people to post their OTA guide issues in this thread on the Dish community forum: Guide issues - please post here - Page 26 - mydish communities
DIRT used to pay attention to that thread, and if enough people post their issues (a lot more markets are affected besides just Maryland) then maybe it will get Dish's attention to actually do something to fix the OTA guide.

Reactions: tempVAdish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts