Sammy TX-P2775H prog. scan issue

MiniTransAm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Hey all.

Recently I picked up a game for my PS2, God Of War. And to my delight discovered I could run the game in progressive scan mode. Now before you ask, yes I have the PS2 hooked up via Sony component cables. When I put the game in PScan mode, the picture gets almost flickery and you can see horizontal lines flickering through the picture. Not cool. This also does this with Gran Turismo 4 in 480p mode. I also just figured out how to put my DVD player in Pscan mode (manual is horrible) and it does the same thing. I borrowed my brother in laws real nice Sony DVD player that has Pscan. Same thing. XBOX also does the same. All are connected by component cables. So it seems my TV does not like progressive scan mode. I have an extended warranty though circuit city and the tech that came out called samsung and said their isn't anything he can do about it. The Samsung tech suggested replacing some part but he didn't think that would fix it.

Anybody got suggestions as to what to do? Should I call them back and raise hell or do I just live with it and assume the tech is right that it's a Samsung problem and I just need to wait for them to come out with a software update (which I doubt will happen).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)