Samsung 1400 BR Player HELP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

katiehlvr1

Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Hi,
I am looking for some opinions here that maybe others have ran into with this player. I personally am always up to date when buying electronics so I decided to purchase an affordable player and actually tested out the sharp and sony. I decided to go with the Samsung p1400 for several reasons. I love the ethernet port because it is very easy to do the firmware based on my setup. I must say that the picture in my opinion is very very good. I am happy with it. The whole special feature deal does not really get to me so that is why I decided to buy now than later. I realize Blu Ray is just now taking off and I would assume that Samsung will continue to put out updates to iron out the small bugs. I personally have a 32 inch lcd Olevia model 1080i that puts out a great picture and I am using a 10.2 gbps hdmi cable. The few questions I have that I really need some input on are as follows:
1) I notice that on some movies (mostly older blu ray titles) sometimes I get a stutter every now and then that comes and goes. First, is there a reason why it does this or is there something that you can do to limit this? I heard putting the player at 4:3 would help but would like some opinions on this.
2.) Sometimes the digital sound almost sounds like it drops out very briefly.
Is there a reason for this?
3.) Does anyone have a preference as to defaulting their player from 1080i to 720p?
My setup is connected correctly and looks fantastic other than these three issues. Do you think that as newer titles are put out and updates are released will eventually take care of this? Is there anyone else having an issue with there Samsung doing this? Is there any settings I need to adjust? Right now I am using the 16:9 and 1080I.
I would really appreciate some feedback from anyone who has a general idea of what I am talking about.
Please I am open for any suggestions.
Thanks
Corey

I have this player and I love it.

I somtimes get the stutter. I think maybe the disc is dirty or something.

As far as what to set it at (720 vs 1080), this player automaticly determines the highest setting your tv will handle.

Never had audio dropouts.

Make sure to do the firmware updates (Currently 1.5)

I have this player and I love it.

I somtimes get the stutter. I think maybe the disc is dirty or something.

As far as what to set it at (720 vs 1080), this player automaticly determines the highest setting your tv will handle.

Never had audio dropouts.

Make sure to do the firmware updates (Currently 1.5)

I have mine hooked up via ethernet and it says I am current on firmware updates. I have completed two via internet. Is there a way to tell what firmware you currently have by viewing the menu?

I have mine hooked up via ethernet and it says I am current on firmware updates. I have completed two via internet. Is there a way to tell what firmware you currently have by viewing the menu?
Yes. Go to the settings menu. Choose setup, then system upgrade. Select system info. Mine says S/W 080114.01_XAA. The date of the firmware is January 14, 2008 (YY/MM/DD).

I get stutter everynowandthen on some new discs with the BD30 too. I think its just the early stage players, nothing to worry about.

On the 1080i vs 720p, many on AVS will say send the tv the highest resolution it can handle because giving it more data is better. Then many would say send the native resolution. I personaly havent been able to see the differences.

I can understand sending 1080i to a 768p tv because the tv gets more lines than it needs rather than you sending it 720p and it having to fill in to get it up to 768p.

On the other hand, I may not know what Im talking about :)

I think you are right about it being the generation model. However do you think with firmware updates this can be resolved? That is my biggest question?
thanks
Corey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)