samsung 360 with non hd channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tnt136913

Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
i just got hdtv hooked up with the sam 360 reciever and my standard channels look blurry. my hd channels look clear i hooked up my old rca reciever and the standard channels look much better then the samsung 360 reciever is this a bad sam 360 reciever thanks

Don't know if it's a bad receiver but I noticed the same also. SD channels look decent on my DTV Philips Tivo but look really poor on the Samsung 360. If I didn't have the Tivo, I don't know if I'd be able to watch SD on the Samsung. I'm viewing the SD channels through the component hd connections on my tv, maybe I need to run separate composite cables and see if the SD signal looks any better.

BINGO rcmojo thats the answer.
When You Go Through The HD Outputs the SD Channels are upconverted from 480i to 480p. That the blurry Picture you are getting.
It is better to use S-Video or Composite for SD & The HD Outputs for HD.

i tried that on my sony tv with no luck, i think its the samsung 360. dtv is sending me another one told them i want a hughes

Mine worked great on initial hookup. HD, SD, cable, digital off air all integrated into same menu. Run thru component wires. SD in pillar box. All variations look good. An excellent reciever and Direct gave it to me for 99 bones with a free off air HD ant.

samsung HD reciver

I adjusted my settings today after reading this post. On the remote, slide it open and press the RES key (resolution) and adjust the output to 720p. This has made the non HD channels much clearer.

Native modes are funny. I do not have the sammy, but my neighbor does and he is set the same as I am 480p/1080i ... this is the variable 2 setting on my HTL-HD. I have a 55" he has a 65" Mitsu, I think he also changes aspect to 4:3 when watch SD and this helps tremendously on mine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)