Samsung ATSC tuner missing channels

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I have a Samsung HL-T6187S LED DLP HDTV. I recently discovered there's a local DT channel that is missed during scanning. There is one local DT channel that has 24 hour weather the Samsung doesn't pick up. The channel is from Albany, NY channel 6 WRGB. Anyone run into a similar situation? Another TV in the house gets it fine.

Gee, you don't need that channel, you can look out the window and see the snow :)

Are you using the same antenna? My dish6000 misses at least one channel, while my HTPC HD card and LCD tuner picks the missing channel with no problems...probably due to newer generation chipset..

I will research this further with Samsung, perhaps there's a way to manually enter the frequency. I thought I would mention the issue in case anyone else may have encountered this before. The owners manual and quick reference guide are poorly written. They read as though they were translated from another language.

I had the same issue with a Westinghouse. I had a 26" in our bedroom with a DVD player. It received all the same channels as my Toshiba in the living room. I had to take it back for a problem with the DVD player and had to replace it with the same model except without the DVD player. It receives about 4 less channels then the previous one but receives one channel the other ones don't get. Beats me?

FWIW my 622 actually lost a couple of sub channels. I manually added the correct frequenct (48 instead of 4) and the subchannels reappeared. If the manual does not discuss adding channels Samsung should be able to advise you.

Another thought is run the scan again. taht might pick them up---or you might ee something in the on screen menus that willh elp you to ass it manually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts