samsung dlp hlt5076sx with white spot(s)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

trckn4life

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
I have a samsung hlt5076sx that currently has at least one white spot that recently developed. From what I have read it sounds like this has happened to more than a few people with Samsung dlps. It sounds like it is a dmd board. Is this difficult to replace? I have replaced parts and built a number of computers. I am just wondering how hard it is to buy and replace this? Also, some are saying that since Samsung has had a number of issues with this in some DLPS due to a texas instruments chip (i guess); they are fixing for free.

By the way my tv is about almost 3 years and 4 months old. So far I think there is only one definite spot, but in some cases it looks like there are more. Does the dust need blown out with canned air as I can see inside the back that there is some dust around where the light bulb is?

It figures...we were just looking at tv's for the other room and the dlp had been working ok...I believe a few days ago I thought I noticed the white spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts