Samsung Phones

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
I need a new phone. I'm a Verizon subscriber. I'm considering two phones - the Samsung Glyde or Omnia. Anybody here have either of these? Are they any good, or are they a pain in the you know what?

yep, It will 100% do that, my best advice is to go play with one at verizon see if you like how it feels in your hands and the texting on it....the phone is a GREAT phone though, just get rid of the widgets if you get it and get a theme program for it.

Paul let me know what you do, and if you need help with anything on that phone, and if you do get it check out the panaoramic shooting mode for the camera ;)

I just got the Omna phone last week as part of my new every two and i didnt think i wold like i after i got it here and first set it up but after a week it has become the best phone i ever had with them and cant e with out it.

The bottom line I guess, is that I'm looking for something close to the I-phone, but I don't want to leave Verizon. (Can't anyhow because of the contract).This phone sounds like the ticket.

would be good, Storm is a good phone, but the thing about the omnia that I like is 8 gig internal, and then you can add a sd card (I have a 16 gig for 24 gigs total :).) The blackberry storm keeps getting better and better, and will be their flagship phone for a while. also another one to check out is the Touch HD, and there will be a couple new phones coming here this month and early next month.....Also very strong rumors are saying the iphone will be on Verizon (I am waiting they have a Iphone presentation in two weeks, where I am hoping they will announce a verizon iphone! my life would be complete then :).

I don't know how much longer I can wait. My current phone is only holding a charge for 18 hrs. or 6 phone calls, which ever comes first. If the I-phone is coming soon, that would be the answer to my needs.
Who makes the Touch HD?
BTW - cute baby. Boy or girl?

Iphone IF it came wouldnt be till 2010, also HTC makes the Touch Pro, it is a VERY nice phone....just to let you know the omnia and touch pro (any windows phone, and blackberry) require a data plan, if you dont want data I suggest the voyager and dare.

also thanks! thats michael james, he is our second son, he was born feb 27th, in that picture he looks EXACTLY like our other son, its scary.

I just got the Omna phone last week as part of my new every two and i didnt think i wold like i after i got it here and first set it up but after a week it has become the best phone i ever had with them and cant e with out it.

I agree 100%. I have had mine for a week, and feel exactly the same way.

The only thing I am struggling with is getting my Sling Player to connect; but I think Verizon is to blame - looks like they are blocking Sling's port. Although the sling player connects via wi-fi.

And I too have dumped the widgets. They are silly.

The bottom line I guess, is that I'm looking for something close to the I-phone, but I don't want to leave Verizon. (Can't anyhow because of the contract).This phone sounds like the ticket.

Having an ipod touch with most of the features of the iphone without the phone, I'd say the omnia is as close to an iphone as you'll get; but obviously the win mobile OS is very different. Samsung's menu is meant to act a lot like an iphone's button.

I agree 100%. I have had mine for a week, and feel exactly the same way.

The only thing I am struggling with is getting my Sling Player to connect; but I think Verizon is to blame - looks like they are blocking Sling's port. Although the sling player connects via wi-fi.

And I too have dumped the widgets. They are silly.

might I suggest touchflo 2d manillia that is a great theme/rom for this phone, I think you will be happy with it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)