Samsung unlocks DTS-HD Master Audio!!

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
Samsung has just issued a new upgrade for their new BD-P1400 BluRay player. It does not decode the codec in the player but allows for the codec to be passed to a AVR (like the new ONKYO's - I have the TX-SR805) as a bitstream to be decoded by the AVR! HOORAY!!:

Blu-ray News and Reviews | High-Def Digest

Scroll down about three or four articles and there you will find the article with a link to Samsung to download the new upgrade. Man, I might have to buy one of these new Samsungs. I was just at Best Buy tonight looking at one. The price is $499 and it not only has 24fps, but also HDMI 1.3 and an ethernet port. It also has 7.1 analog out and it was hooked up to one of my favorite LCDs -- the Samsung LN-T4066F that is sold only at Best Buy. This might just be in my XMAS stocking this year if it meets with Java 2.0!:D

ps -- They are still offering the 5 free BD movies -- and the new list looks pretty good.

"New" list?

Where? I haven't mailed in my claim form yet- maybe I'd prefer ones from the new list.

"New" list?

Where? I haven't mailed in my claim form yet- maybe I'd prefer ones from the new list.

They seem to be date protecting the "old" and "new" lists. I've attached the "new" list which isn't supposed to go into effect until 10/1/.

Cheers,

Attachments

• blu-ray-new-offer.jpg
    blu-ray-new-offer.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 213
While passing audio is awesome on this model, I was actually anticipating to see what the 2400 would do with the Reon chipset. Gary and a few others have been raving over the past two weeks about being able to "light up" the DTS Master and TrueHD on their Onkyo's and integras. Several setups that I have seen with the 1400 have had a lot of grain in the blues and grays that I have not seen on my Panasonic with the same titles. Saw the same thing on the 1000.

S~

If you buy this player (Samsung BD-P 1400) at circuit city in addition to the five free movies their is also a offer for three extra movies. What I don't understand is that both offers require the orginal upc code from the box and since their is only one upc code on the box how can you get both offers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts