San Diego's channels changing?

loopup2u

Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
I have a question I hope someone can answer. On August 1st 2008 in San Diego, Fox 6, is changing to fox 5, channel 6 will become the CW which was on channel 69. Now, locally we get channel 6 in HD as it is Fox, and we only recieve channel 69 in SD as it is only the CW. I don't personally watch too much Fox, besides Sarah Conner chronicals, and some sports, neither the less I would hate to see us loos Fox HD. Does anyone in the know, know if on August 1st Dish will broadcast Fox 5 in HD?

I'm wondering the same thing.

I was going to contact Dish but I know they would be clueless.

I'd like to think they would use the change as reason to add another local HD but I don't hold out much hope as they seem to have way too much satellite trouble these days.

But, hey, anything's possible.

Maybe all us San Diegians should call so the vox populi will make something happen....

Naaah! Never happen!

I sent an email about 3 weeks ago asking if they were going to add KSWB-HD when Fox moved there and got the following canned response:

Thank you for your e-mail. Specific information regarding your request for KSWB in High Definition is not currently available. We would like to add that channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.
We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.
Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www dishnetwork com or reply to this email.

I asked them to please check with the Programming Dept. to see if they were aware of the upcoming change in Fox affiliation, and if they were planning on keeping Fox HD after the change. I have not received a response.

I sent an email about 3 weeks ago asking if they were going to add KSWB-HD when Fox moved there and got the following canned response:
...I have not received a response.
I'm shocked, shocked to find apathy at Dishnetwork!

The more shocking thing is that KSWB is owned by Tribune. One would think that when WGN-HD and FOX in Seattle and Sacramento were finally added that the switch to FOX for KSWB would also be negotiated.

KSWB SD is the CW distant station for some cities. Will dish substitute another CW in its place?

don't worry

Channel 6 and 69 are simply switching their network affiliation between Fox and CW. Seeing as they're both in HD on E* currently I don't see why this would change. Channel 69 is also channel 5 on the local cable systems for reasons of convenience only, just like the local NBC affiliate which broadcasts on channel 39 is also channel 7 on cable. Here's a couple of links that should answer some your questions:

hdtv.forsandiego.com: KSWB switching from the CW to Fox!!

hdtv.forsandiego.com: XETV Becomes CW Affiliate

edit: Oops, I never realized that KSWB only had SD coverage on E* as I mainly watch it OTA HD anyway.

edit: Oops, I never realized that KSWB only had SD coverage on E* as I mainly watch it OTA HD anyway.
Correct-a-mundo! KSWB/CW is just SD. So after Aug 1 will Dish switch HD/SD for the affected stations or are do we just get "Saved by the Bell" is HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)