Sanborn, NY - Buffalo DMA - EA vs WA

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
I am looking at trying to get an EA install over at the new house. Technically, I think the Buffalo DMA is in WA rather than EA. It makes no sense as the EA sats are much higher look angles, but it appears the reason is because our SD locals are on 110 that has them telling me we're WA.

So... I have some 50ft (plus) pine trees about 10 feet from the house along the south side. Can't look between them. The trees stop at the back corner of the house. The BACK of the house faces east. I have really good southeast view.

Trying to scour The List to see what, if anything, I'd be missing if I can convince them to put me on EA. The only thing I can come up with right now is the SD versions of my locals and I get those in HD from 61.5 and also OTA so... I really don't need them from 3 sources, y'know?

What do you think my chances are of getting an EA install?

My locals are on 61.5 and I live a few miles away from the O.P.

Yup... HD locals on 61.5, SD locals on 110.

It's weird because western arc satellites are like 26 degrees to 30 degrees elevation here, while eastern arc is 37.2 degrees to 40.2 degrees. Seems to me that EA would be more conducive to clearing obstacles in this area.

129, which would round out a western arc array, is only 19.7 degrees elevation. That's not even reasonable. :)

Not to hijack your topic, but...................

Dish(intertech) is coming out on Thursday for the third time to fix my signal issue. I've had both LNB's replaced, all connections, my ground block, and my vip722 replaced and issue is still there! Now, I am receiving error 015(Acquiring Satellite Signal) when I watch live TV. The error message flips on the screen for about two seconds and then disappears every twenty or so minutes, very annoying. When I watch a DVR'd event, I get error 316(Lost signal) every twenty minutes or so.

I was on the phone with dish again today and the rep placed me on hold and the advanced tech support people are on the case now. On Thursday, when the tech gets here, he will be bringing a vip722 with him to rule out the receiver. The advanced tech support rep told me that the tech will be doing a new install. Every cable run will be replaced to eliminate the cabling as the culprit. I have a 110/119 dish in the back corner of my yard and the 61.5 on the house. The cables are buried, I wonder if the tech will bury the new lines or if I'll have to do it. I should ask for a EA for the simplicity of the lines. I have a clear view from where the 61.5 is mounted and then no cables would have to be buried again.

Wish me luck!!

Ditto here 61.5 not far from you guys. I wanted a one dish solution since we have to move our dishes. I couldn't get a clear picture of what I would be missing. I scrolled through a lot of satellite info. WA made no sense to me either though. We would have installed it ourselves.
jwolf Maybe the tech (if you get a halfway decent one) can tell you what you would miss.

Are you sure your HD locals are on 61.5? It doesn't make sense that a western arc DMA would have locals on 61.5.

Yes...I'm in the same area and I guess we're technically "WA" but it's really 110/119/61.5. 129 is too low, so every HD subscriber here gets two dishes. Makes no sense that we haven't been made "EA" yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts