Sanyo says please use audio 3 for dvi connection on joey with dish network

gmitchell

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Southeast Ohio
Hello.... Need a little help here. I have an older Sanyo TV model number DP 37647 which worked fine with my 722k receiver. When we recently updated to a Hopper with sling, and two Joey's, the Joey connected to the Sanyo TV now gives me a message that please use audio 3 for dvi connection and I get no sound. I have checked HDMI cables they are OK. When I disconnect the cable and then plug it back in I get the sound. If I then turn off the Joey I again lose the sound and have to unplug and plug in again to get sound. Can anyone help me with a work around or to fix this issue....Other then getting a newer TV....Thanks in advance.

Hello.... Need a little help here. I have an older Sanyo TV model number DP 37647 which worked fine with my 722k receiver. When we recently updated to a Hopper with sling, and two Joey's, the Joey connected to the Sanyo TV now gives me a message that please use audio 3 for dvi connection and I get no sound. I have checked HDMI cables they are OK. When I disconnect the cable and then plug it back in I get the sound. If I then turn off the Joey I again lose the sound and have to unplug and plug in again to get sound. Can anyone help me with a work around or to fix this issue....Other then getting a newer TV....Thanks in advance.

Sounds like an HDMI handshake issue. You can try changing the order of which you turn things off(Joey thenTV or TV-Joey) to see if it makes a difference. Better yet you might want to just use a different audio output from the Joey(optical, Rca audio) and not use the HDMI for audio. There should be a setting on the TV to change the audio input that goes with the video.

I would try switching HDMI ports on the TV. Older sets often have a shared HDMI/DVI port that can be a bear for handshake and HDCP issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)