SAt 119 Breaking up

Pinchhitter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Is anyone else experiencing break ups on 119, transponder 7 in Northern California? Specifically KTVU, KRON, KPIX, KNTV etc are stuttering and breaking up.

Ok so I wasn't the only one. I was getting it on KTVU, KRON, KPIX , KNTV and KGO which are all on that same transponder. It seems to be ok now, but KTVU audio is out of sync.

I was getting them last night. CBS 5 to be exact was having some issues. It eventually came up saying they know of a problem and not to call.
That message is generated in the receiver ANY TIME a local channel (satellite not off air) is having problems. You get the normal "signal lost" indication when the signal drops. Then when the signal COMES BACK, the "don't call us" message appears. You then need to change channels and switch back to restore image/sound. This also messes up recordings.

The "we know about it, don't call us" message does NOT indicate Dish knows of the problem!

Is anyone else experiencing break ups on 119, transponder 7 in Northern California? Specifically KTVU, KRON, KPIX, KNTV etc are stuttering and breaking up.

I was getting drops on other services (not local channels) last night (Tuesday June 10, 2009) and saw some breakup this morning (KCRA HD) but not a complete loss of signal.

Signal strengths are solid and good (high 50s or 60s).

I'm pretty sure all the dropouts were from 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)