Sat. 129 Check Switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Spike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Suburbs of Milwaukee
Hi Guys,

I just did a switch check. I got the great big "X" where 129 use to be on the switch list. The funny thing is though, I'm still getting a signal from that satelllite.

How? Why? What? Anyone else getting the same results?

Was there a thunder storm when you ran it? I had one last night and lost my Voom channels, so I tried to run a check switch. THe 129 slot showed a red X. I didn't let the guide update so I wouldn't loose my Voom channels in the guide. I also was receiving a 37 strength on the 129 sat. When the storm passed I reran the check switch and let the guide update and all was fine.

That's what I don't like about Voom being on 129, that satellite is low powered and the signal strength is not that great. You can lose signal at any time with any storm.

What kind of signal strength are you getting for 129 on your 811?

With the rest of the Voom channels on 129, I may just have to swing my 148 dish to 129. I tried a couple of times and didn't like the readings (mid 60s).

I get the mid 80's on my 129 sat in southeast Texas on normal days. During the thunderstorm it dropped down to 37 , while the 110 and 119 sats still came through with no signal loss after the rain settled down to a steady pace.

80's in southern Texas?
It just don't get much closer to the satellite than that! :(
I thought this bird was the equal to the rest of the fleet, not some lame duck.

Plus, I don't think the Dish 1000 has as good a signal level as a Dish 500, due to its size.
Now ya got me wondering.
I'm gonna have to go take a reading.

I'm in San Francisco and presently have a 500 for 110 and 119 and a 300 for 148. I get some of my locals and CBSHD off of the 148. I want to get VOOM HD and can't see 61.5 from my home, so want to turn the dish pointed at 148 to 129. (129 also has the SF locals that are on 148, so I'd get VOOM and only lose CBSHD.)

I went to the "Point Dish" option on my 811 receiver, and 129 is no longer listed. It used to be... but seems to have disappeared. How do I get it back into the list of satellites? Right now it only shows 61.5, 105, 110, 119 and 148. I have the latest 3.30 software.

Thanks!

Larry
SF

Larry,

When you check your switch, you will see Satellite "X", Polarity ALL, and Device Dual or twin.

That is what I'm getting now too. And 129 is there. So if you see the column that reads Satellite X and polarity ALL and your device listed, you are still getting 129. Also if channel 9901 tunes in, that channel is from 129.

Spike
When I tried that a while back (on a Legacy setup) I had X X and even odd on mine and got 129. (the you have a dish 1000 screen)

When I hooked it up directly and ran check switch, it showed 129 odd & 129 even

signal only at 75-77 max here in Minnesnowta

Larry,

Hey neighbor, I'm in So. San Francisco. 129 is not there anymore in my 811 either. It used to be there. It's also gone from my 311s and the 501 and it was there before. I was going to point the D500 from 148 to 129 this weekend but I guess I'll have to wait.

Can someone else confirm this with other receivers?

129 isnt in the options?

what you do is aim towards 129 and the system will update. It says "chceking for satellite" or something like that. Then 129 is an option

My 301 does that

Iceberg,

It was there on the 311, 811 and the 501 before. It's never been in the "Peak Angles" screen but it was there in the "Point Dish" option on those 3 models. That's how I found 129 a couple of times I tried to get it.

same here...never in the peak angles

what I did was select 119 and aim the dish towards 129. Once you get a glimpse of signal, you'll get a message on the screen about "waiting for satellite info" and then you'll have 129 in the setup to select.

I noticed that to yesterday. I did a check switch and it came up X,119,110,61.5. The funny thing is, I can still tune to the "congradulations you have a Dish1000 channel on Ch.9901. 129 isn't even a option in the signal strength screen.

I wonder what they did to make it do that even though theres got to be a good signal or I wouldn't be able to watch the CH.9901??????

That's exactly what I'm talking about and it was there before, right? Oh well, who knows what's going on. I'll try to point the dish to 129 over the weekend anyways.

Iceberg,

I'm going to try that this afternoon. After a person runs it directly into the receiver, will it then show up after I reconnect the two switches I have? Or will it exclude it from the satellite list, as it is now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)