Sat 129 Signal Levels

tempVAdish

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Temperanceville, VA
Greetings,

having weird signal levels on 129 tonight... vast difference between odd and even transponders. For example, transponder 30 shows signal of 44, 31 shows signal of 21... anyone else having this big a difference? I wouldn't have noticed except we've had some rain tonight & DVR'd Top Chef. We noticed it was only 44 minutes long :( At that time the signal was 17 :( The clouds are moving away and the second time recording it we got the whole thing, but the signal of 21 concerns me...

Thanks!

some times I am up, sometimes I am down, almost level to the ground.......bad luck follows me all my days..........born under a bad sign....if it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all.....

some transponders have nothing - check 23 on 129 and see if its at least over 45 - it should be around 50ish on that number. if its not just get your cell out and have someone sit inside and watch the meter on the screen and just bend the dish right to left a little to see if it moves...then try up and down if it moves the levels better then just adjust either two bolts for elevation or turn and then lock them back down - simple adjustment.

Sorry, My FAIL for not getting back to ya... was an aiming issue on the wing dish... stuck way out in the open because of line of sight & high winds with mushy ground was the culprit

Thanks again!
Rob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)