Sat Foot Print maps?

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I need the 61.5 footprint map for the Atlanta HD locals. I want to see if they cover my area. Can someone direct me to a link? I tried a search, but got too many threads about everything. Thanks.

Spot Beam and Coverage Maps The "maps" on this page are nearly useless for determining the foot print of a spot. But there is a link to a pdf for 61.5 that is a old map but still may be useful :)

BTW this map appears to be the view of the earth from the satellite. So the spots appear round and the earth appears "distorted", particularly in the NW US.

Talon Dancer

Last edited:
The 61.5 spots seem to be quite tight. I'm only a little over 100 miles from the one that covers Portland, ME and get no signal at all on that tp.

Regards, eric

Best way to check is to find out the TP that the spot is on and see if you get any signal on that TP.

Jerryez,
I am in the atlanta area too. I have been waiting for almost 2 months now to see the atlanta locals in HD on 61.5? Do you know anything about if/when they will be available? They were uplinked at the first of april but are still not availble to my knowledge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)