Sat for the RV

TNTraverler

Original poster
May 12, 2009
Tennessee
I just purchase a rv with a King Dome Trac-King #9760. I have a Dish Network receiver VIP222K. Can I use this receiver with the Kind Dome? If not what type of receiver do I need? I would like to view 2 tv's on different channels.

I believe this dish is not Dish Pro Plus, the kind of LNB you need to run the 222k receiver. I'm guessing this will only operate a single tuner box like the 211 series. If it has 2 outputs, you can run 2 - 211 series receivers.

I believe this dish is not Dish Pro Plus, the kind of LNB you need to run the 222k receiver. I'm guessing this will only operate a single tuner box like the 211 series. If it has 2 outputs, you can run 2 - 211 series receivers.

If the dish actually has two outputs (unlikely) you can feed those to the two ports on the 222. The reason I say it is unlikely is because most RV dishes pick up one sat at a time and move when you change to a channel on a different satellite. If you are watching two different channels off different satellites, the dish will not be able to accomodate that.

Typical dome installation has two coax feeds, one to the bedroom and the other to the entertainment center. Yes two feeds.

But the dome does only have one LNBF which means only one satellite at a time. You can watch two different channels as long as they are on the same satellite.

What you can't do is use a separator to feed both VIP222K inputs with one coax from the dome. You have to get both dome coaxes to the same place.

Depending on the age of the dome, it may needs a firmware upgrade. Before you spend too much on the dome, consider a Winegard Trav'ler replacement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts