Sat Install

Be a little bit more specific. If you're moving the dish then you should have cable running into a ground block along with a ground from the mast to the ground block and then from the ground block to the ground source.

Typically rg6 with a 17 gauge attached to the mast both going to a ground block and a 10 gauge copper wire from the ground block to the ground source

lownote2 said:
Be a little bit more specific. If you're moving the dish then you should have cable running into a ground block along with a ground from the mast to the ground block and then from the ground block to the ground source.

Typically rg6 with a 17 gauge attached to the mast both going to a ground block and a 10 gauge copper wire from the ground block to the ground source

This is a new install. Have never had the dish installed on the ota antenna mast. The antenna mast's coax does run through a ground block and the mast is grounded. I am attaching the sat dish via u bolts and plan on using another ground block for the sat coax. The current ota ground block will be next to the new coax ground block so can I just run a small 17 gauge ground to the old ground block?

This is a new install. Have never had the dish installed on the ota antenna mast. The antenna mast's coax does run through a ground block and the mast is grounded. I am attaching the sat dish via u bolts and plan on using another ground block for the sat coax. The current ota ground block will be next to the new coax ground block so can I just run a small 17 gauge ground to the old ground block?

Will that ground it...Yes

Will it be to Dish spec....No