sat ses1 with dish500 antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nuvag1976

Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Tijuana
hi all,
do you think that can I get de ses1 sat with dish500 antenna?
I convert my dish 500 antenna to use with linear lnb,
I live in tijuana mexico and the strength of the signal for this area is 48.5
thanks for your response.

very unlikely....

if you do manage to get any signal quality at all it will be VERY low quality....your picture would probably pixelate to the point where it would be impossible to watch it anyway....

but having said that i guess theres no harm in trying....that is one of the stronger KU Birds out there....so it would be a good one to test on....

another thing to add....you will have to make sure your dish is able to skew/rotate to get the proper angle on the LNB...seeing as you can not skew/rotate the LNB by itself on that dish....

Last edited:
Yes, it is possible. I have done it. Your location may give different results.

I am in North Central Idaho, and on a clear day I can get good reception of SES 1 @ 101w using a Dish500 with a linear LNB carefully installed at the exact same focal point as the original LNBs.

Heavy clouds will cause signal drop and pixelation. Rain or snow will drop signal enough the receiver will lose signal lock.

I can also get most transponders on G19 @ 97w with this same setup, but only during good weather.

Set your LNB to 0 skew in its bracket, and use the skew adjustment on the back of the Dish500 to adjust the skew for your location.

I started a thread a while back showing my results with the Dish500 and linear LNB setup. http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/209227-what-can-i-get-linear-lnb.html

Last edited:
Thanks hwm,
i use your thread to modify my dish500 and i save all your thread for future reference,
i will try this weekend
thanks

I am in South Texas zip code 78336. I was told I needed at least a 36" dish to receive SES1 at my location. I use a DN500 with a Spitfire Elite LNB. My Coolsat7100 will show Q of 35%
+ or - most days.

Good Luck on your effort from Mexico! Hope it works for you.

Hi guys,
I can't get it, my pansat shows 85% of level but nothing of quality, I did a blind scan and any tp were found,
I think that my lnb not work, I using a circular sharp lnb converted to linear by my father (it was a gift of my father),
I will try to get another lnb to test,
thanks for your comments

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)