satellite channel issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

waqar

Original poster
Mar 15, 2007
I am new here and this forum seems very active. I live in area where we cant put dish infront of our home. Is there any system or any possible way to get satellite channels on tv without hanging dish out side at wall? Any possible way?

Your help will be appreciated.

Waqar.

Unless you are in a recognized, official, historical area, you can put a dish out front. Or pretty much anywhere. You have the legal right. See this link.

Dishes need a line of sight to the satellite(s) they receive from. This may be on a roof, a pole, on the ground, or mounted on the side of a building. Some folks have been known to cover their dishes with something that resembles a rock, for appearance sake.

Welcome to our little family. I hope you stay around and chat with us.

Thanks for your quick reply. The thing is area where i live is like a colony and here we have a comettee who decides all the rules and regulation and we are bound to follow it, breaking can lead us to leave this area. I want a solution to this issue, having satelitte system where i could have all channels without dish, but this thing does not seems work.

Show the committee the printed out document. Tell them they have no legal rights to keep you from having a dish, and if they keep telling you that you can't have one, you have the right to sick a lawyer on them. Make sure that they give you something in writing explaining exactly why you can't have a dish.

Well, I would not go as far as to say they [the committee] have _no_ rights to deny the installation of a individual dish, since the OP does not describe every variable associated with that conclusion, I do not think we could possibly know the situation and the applicable exceptions, for example, if the association provides a central antenna, they CAN refuse the installation of a individual dish (along with other exceptions stated throughout the document).

It would be prudent of the OP to make sure he understands the exceptions before waving it in the committees face.

Waqar,
Would you please explain to us, whether or not the Association is providing you with services, that negate the OTARD rules???

We would love to know more of the facts, so that we can guide you with your problem!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)