satellite coax coupler

llzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
St Louis
Can someone suggest a duplex type outlet with cat5 jack and RG6 coax coupler for use with incoming dish feed? I'm installing a floor box which will have a duplex power outlet and a duplex with a cat5 and RG6 jack. Not sure if any type will work with dish

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_1jaw2x2xle_e

http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-5G108-RL5-GigaMax-QuickPort-Connector/dp/B000U3I036

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003099HOI...&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&ref=asc_df_B003099HOI

Those three items should give you what you are looking for. Leviton is only one manufacturer of such products, while they are not the least expensive you will find they make a quality product and stand behind them. Let me know if this was not what you were looking for, but from your description this is what I'm guessing you were talking about.

Those three items should give you what you are looking for. Leviton is only one manufacturer of such products, while they are not the least expensive you will find they make a quality product and stand behind them. Let me know if this was not what you were looking for, but from your description this is what I'm guessing you were talking about.
If you need them fast you may want to try your local Homedepot.

Yep that would be right on all counts. I have several plates that have multiple square holes that you can mount several different jacks in them. I have all my spkr wire for my 9.1 speakers. I have RCA going to my sub. I have RCA's for the component vid & audio out going to bdrm. They even have HDMI jacks now. I've used them in several places over the years.

I was looking for something that looks like a duplex power outlet, but instead of slots, one plug is a cat5 jack and the top area would be a coax coupler. It than would fit in a floor box that's setup for a power duplex. With the help of above, I found a decora outlet with 2 blank ports. One will fit a cat5 jack and one a coax coupler will fit in. The pics in previous posts helped. Thanks...wiring new jacks in a very old plaster house. Just once I want live in a home with drywall and studs...

The plates and jacks are the easy part, getting the pulls from A to B now that's the hard part. A little advice for you. pull a string into any box that you are doing a pull on. You can use that in the future when you discover you really need one more run of some sort or another. Duplex box can take a triplexed keystone plate. Never fails that not too far down the road from having done a pull you realize you could really use one more thing in there. Typically I look for some point that's moderately easy to get from any other point in the house and use that as a distribution point if needed. Pull your string from this point to your boxes. While avoiding splices in cables of any sort is preferred, it's nice to have an easily accessible distribution point in the event that a home run just isn't feasible. Oh and don't go cheap on your jacks, or any splices you may need. Saving a few cents or a buck on connectors isn't worth the headache that they can cause down the road.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)