Satellite compuss readings

Jpar

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
Eastern Virginia
Can some one tell me where I can find the compuss readings for Satellite 119-110-129 . I am having a lot of tree problems and need to check more closely. Is their any place to go to (sights) to give us these readings. I am in the Eastern Part of Va. 224 Zip

Thanks for your help!

Jpar

Jpar said:
Can some one tell me where I can find the compuss readings for Satellite 119-110-129 . I am having a lot of tree problems and need to check more closely. Is their any place to go to (sights) to give us these readings. I am in the Eastern Part of Va. 224 Zip

Thanks for your help!

Jpar
zips 224XX ....AZ 245 ...SKEW 130....EL 28....

Compuss Readings for Satellites

My Question is : When I look through my Compass to get a exact bearing of like 129 Satellite. what reading should I be seeing In my compass. Like 255 for 245
for 119??
Mainly I would like to know if I am clipping a tree on one side or the other, and have to allow for some deavitions too..

I know what my dish set up is as previously posted.
I need to know the exact compass reading when I look at the three satellites.
119, 110, and 129.
I am Eastern Va. Zip is 224

Thanks,

Jpar

Jpar said:
My Question is : When I look through my Compass to get a exact bearing of like 129 Satellite. what reading should I be seeing In my compass. Like 255 for 245
for 119??
Mainly I would like to know if I am clipping a tree on one side or the other, and have to allow for some deavitions too..

I know what my dish set up is as previously posted.
I need to know the exact compass reading when I look at the three satellites.
119, 110, and 129.
I am Eastern Va. Zip is 224

Thanks,

Jpar
so you are looking to isolate the 129 sat..Ok....Here in NC zip 280 the 129 is at 246 and 24 degrees EL...Since you are about 5 deg longitude east of here and about 2tpo 3 degrees north I would go with maybe 248 degrees AZ and 22 degrees EL....When looking for a LOS with your compass allow at least 5 degres clearance in all 4 directions (up/down, lift/right)..This to allow for electromagnetic interference that may skew your compass....allow for tree growth as well..
On installations if it look close enough to have a LOS issue, I don't put it there...

you should consider going with the 61.5 if its just for the hd, 61.5 should sit at about 42 - 45 on a single bird dish Im thinking in your area.

Van said:
you should consider going with the 61.5 if its just for the hd, 61.5 should sit at about 42 - 45 on a single bird dish Im thinking in your area.
Damn! stole my thunder..I was going to suggest that as well. I did not know whether this poster was concerned with just HD or HD and locals as well...

Compass Readings

Dishcomm,

I see you knew what I was looking for.
Yes, I would say we are about 5%difference here in Va.

I think we are rather close here.

Would you give your readings for satellite 119 and 110 as well compaired to mine..

i am in hopes we will be able to use the 110 Satellite for our Richmod Va. locals soon.
Unfortunally, I did not see us listed as being changed to Dish 500.
I hope they don,t overlook us yet!!!

Thanks for your Help on this,

Jpar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)