satellite default?????

Phyl

Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Hello everyone...I have a dishnetwork receiver 301. I have it on a dishpro 500 dual lnb. The problem is when I turn it on it runs the transponder test, but it keeps running around and around and will not lock on. I go to the signal screen and it has no signal, and when I run the switch test it shows up al X's. I know the lnb is good as another receiver works fine with a signal strangth of 110. Please help...I do not know what else to look for. Thanks in advance.. :confused:

This is an indication that you are not receiving a satellite signal (bad wire going to that receiver) or the receiver has gone bad. If you could find someone with a signal meter or voltage meter you could have them hook it into the satellite input on the receiver to see if it is getting a voltage.

also, it could be the connections at the lnbf ( or other switch, diplexers, etc.) and the receiver. Check all connections, make sure they are tight, etc... Check your cable to make sure it has not been cut or damaged. If everything looks good, then switch your receivers and see if the problem still exists, if not then its your receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)