Satellite Dish Pointing with Google Maps

Very nice Alan. I wish you would've posted this last week. It would've saved me from climbing up on my roof at 5am, when the moon was at the same position as 119°. :D

Alan I just tried it and its working good! Amazing idea.

Please however change your signature as we do not allow signatures with links to commercial sites.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

thank you very much for all your kind comments. It's great to see that experts like yourselfes find the tool useful.

I'm just wondering whether some of you could help me out: This tool is unique and has not been done before but I'm afraid that people have already started copying it (someone posted even on a freelance board a picture of my site asking for someone from India to code the same thing for less than $50 - with a note that the code must be hidden so that noone can steal it!). So, I wondered whether you folks could spread the word about the site and also email me a list of important US satellite sites I could contact asking them place a link to dishpointer.com (I'm from the UK and don't know much about the US satellite community but it seems I have already found the best satellite board :)).

That would be really great. I just like to get the site established as soon as possible before someone copies the whole thing.

Thanks
Alan

Cool tool, except the imagery isn't good enough for me to use it. Google earth has been that way for my address since it came out.

Alan I just tried it and its working good! Amazing idea.

Please however change your signature as we do not allow signatures with links to commercial sites.

Thanks!

Scott, just removed the signatures but then had a second idea - I'll just remove all the google ads. Now there is more space for the map. I guess it's fine now to put back the signature with a link to DishPointer.com - Easy Satellite Dish Pointing

That's so weird!! The address lookup is all provided by google so it should be the same for everyone - can you tell me what browser you are using? This is the first time I hear about that and I already had 30,000 users in the last two weeks.

Using FireFox 2.0.0.6.

I'm scratching my head on this - I have really no idea why that would be.

Does this example work for you?: Google Maps API Example - Geocoding API
That would be now interesting to find out.

Nope... same thing. I checked and all scripts are being executed on that site.

I don't have IE working on this PC as I blocked it since people were using it.

AAAHHH! I figured it out. No referer, no worky. I have Firefox configured to not send referers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts