satellite dish question

KG4KBU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Corbin, KY
I am thinking of moving and want to upgrade to a 1000.4 Western Arc dish. Eastern Arc if it can be pointed from the area so I can get locals in HD. How would I be able to get this done. I really want the 1000.4 arc dish
Thanks

If you have HD receivers, you should be pointed to where your HD locals are. 1000.4 dish shouldn't be a problem, but you need the correct lnb assembly for the dish to work. Only problem would probably be a line of sight issue at the new place. You'd be better to PM a DIRT member here to not only answer your questions, but to set up your move. Remember to ask about DishMover promo.

if they can't install eastern arc I will just take the sd locals on the western arc. Which one has better signal 1000.4 eas or west ? what about alabama locals ?

I am staying in Kentucky but I need a dish where I can get less rain fade since I need weather coverage even during some storms. the less I get knocked off the air the better I will be. i heard that 1000.4 has better signal then other sats

I am staying in Kentucky but I need a dish where I can get less rain fade since I need weather coverage even during some storms. the less I get knocked off the air the better I will be. i heard that 1000.4 has better signal then other sats

You are trying to do something on your terms that I feel you don't fully understand. Let the installer do what's best, which sounds like the Eastern Arc. Dont try to determine what satellite dish it has to be. In the past I might have said WA may have less rain fade, but not to the extent of avoiding it. But now with the newer Eastern Arc set-up which I think you may not even know about there may be no real difference.
If you can't get the Eastern Arc and don't mind not having the locals from the satellite in HD, then sure let them put in the Western Arc. And as mentioned you can't really pick your locals without giving an incorrect address, and also being close enough to the spot beam signal in most cases.

For rain fade, first thing to address is signal strength, then dish/arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts