Satellite Failure

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
I know this is rare but what if? Does Voom have a backup in case something happens to the satellite?

Lem52

Vurbano - are you serious? Have not heard this before. Of course it would have to be very near the original satellite to be of any use in such a case. Because they sure aren't going to all installations to repoint the dishes. This has happened with some of the C-Band dishes over the years. But since the big dish in not stationary, it was not a big problem except to find where they had moved the programming to.

FAYRICH said:
Vurbano - are you serious? Have not heard this before. Of course it would have to be very near the original satellite to be of any use in such a case. Because they sure aren't going to all installations to repoint the dishes. This has happened with some of the C-Band dishes over the years. But since the big dish in not stationary, it was not a big problem except to find where they had moved the programming to.

LOL. There would probably be some downtime, but there are plenty of satellites in "graveyard" orbit that could be temporarily relocated. Space could also be leased from another bird.

There is not another satellite at 61.5 currently that would take over. However, Rainbow 1 has plenty of transponders to spare. It's highly unlikely that Rainbow 1 could ever have a catastrophic failure inside its 14 year service life.

vurbano said:
I thought that was aimed at D* 7s?

Actually, that's what you were led to believe in the last Bond film.

The next film, as discussed in another thread, introduces the 921 and answers the anti-satellite gun cliffhanger. We will finally know exactly what satellites Echostar 3 is currently conspiring against. I'm betting on brasilsat or XM Roll because of undisclosed anti-Echostar sentiment.

How can E* afford a satellite laser but can't afford more HD capabilities? Madness. :)

cyuhnke said:
How can E* afford a satellite laser but can't afford more HD capabilities? Madness. :)

They converted the transponders they intended to use for HD to promote evil and communism with their satellite deathray. They are also using a portion of the deathray electronics to carry the new polish channel.

Christopher Walken claims to have been struck by the deathray.

cameron119 said:
They converted the transponders they intended to use for HD to promote evil and communism with their satellite deathray. They are also using a portion of the deathray electronics to carry the new polish channel.

Christopher Walken claims to have been struck by the deathray.

Bastards. But I thought the James Bond villian in Tomorrow Never Dies was supposed to be Rupert Murdoch. Yes, I understand Chris Walken is bad guy in new "film". :rolleyes:

does anyone own TPs 4,16,28 @ 61.5? I noticed they were blank on lyngsat

dfergie said:
They might use that Marvin the Martian gun... :D

I work at a facility that deals with satellite imagery. Over they years we have gotten many letters from people telling us that our satellites keep going over their house (they do) and are trying to control their minds, so they have to wear foil hats. The letters are obviously from VERY unstable individuals, sometimes rambling on about all sorts of conspiracy theories including aliens...

bbtkd said:
I work at a facility that deals with satellite imagery. Over they years we have gotten many letters from people telling us that our satellites keep going over their house (they do) and are trying to control their minds, so they have to wear foil hats. The letters are obviously from VERY unstable individuals, sometimes rambling on about all sorts of conspiracy theories including aliens...
Looks like those Radio Shack lackeys got to you too. They've actually integrated you into maintaining the implements they're using to control you. And foil hats don't work. You have to hang coat hangers in the ceiling to jam the signal. It's just common sense. Like a foil hat could block a satellite signal. The coat hangers trick the satellites into not sending their signals because they mimick the communications array of the alien mothership.

cyuhnke said:
Looks like those Radio Shack lackeys got to you too. They've actually integrated you into maintaining the implements they're using to control you. And foil hats don't work. You have to hang coat hangers in the ceiling to jam the signal. It's just common sense. Like a foil hat could block a satellite signal. The coat hangers trick the satellites into not sending their signals because they mimick the communications array of the alien mothership.

Great!!!! Now I don't have to look like such a dork. Goodbye virginity!!!!

BFG said:
does anyone own TPs 4,16,28 @ 61.5? I noticed they were blank on lyngsat

I believe they belong to Echostar, they just aren't in use.

I notice in Lyngsat under packages that they all fall under Echostar 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)