Satellite Guys Live Person Chat Idea!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTABman0

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2006
Lat 39.2°N WV Lo 81.5°W
Just another brainstorm but since we have new members getting into the hobby, and since this can be really confusing getting started especially in the set up of the systems, how about an area of LIVE TALK instead of the chat room for the newbie’s. Now I know that the moderators do have their hands full with the daily tasks of running The Satellite Guys web site but nothing that it has to be moderated by the site over lookers.

I know we have a live chat room but it is just Text and getting some software like Skype Talk you could talk to someone LIVE for help kind of like live tech support. I am sure that there are members like myself that can contribute in this part for a couple hours a day for live questions over some VOIP program. Skype & Yahoo Live. There is a lot of free software out there that does the live talk and I know that would have been real nice to talk to a live person when I got into this 3 years ago! The live voice chat room really does not to open all the time. Moderators can also pick who gets to run the room so it does not get sideways if that would be a problem now or later on.

I would love to do that and help out with it if the idea jumps off! I spend hours on here anyway and sometimes, replying to a post the point even though it is straight gets lost in text or postings but someone walking you through it over real time voice chat would be great.

Here, everyone can join in on the help LIVE! Of course, the hacking rule will still apply even here and can be reported to the proper Satellite Guys authorities and banning would be in order. I think it would be great addition to the C-Band & Free To Air side of the forums!

Just another idea of improving the Satellite Guys web forum!
Have a good evening guys!

Thanks For Moving In The Proper Area, Sometimes I Forget Where I Am On Here!

B~Man
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)