Satellite info Diagnostics

_Grumpy_

Original poster
Apr 18, 2020
Cocoa, Florida
I have a motorhome. I converted the DirecTV slimline to DISH 1000. I have the Winegard Traveler. The Winegard screen shows “DISH LG 1000” satellites “119 110 129”

After much difficulty I finally got the Wally to work; however, I am not getting all my channels. After several hours with DISH Tech Support and 2 different technicians, no satisfaction. On the Wally Receiver, I went to Diagnostics and then DISH. I only see one Satellite for 119 with a strength of 70. The reception is at best 480p (not good quality at all). I do not think Wally is picking up all the satellites...

Should Wally be displaying all three satellites and the strength?

The Winegard controller is reading off of the dish LNB so that says that the dish is aligned correctly. And you only need one coax from the dish to the Wally and you are receiving one satellite so that is okay. Have you run a Switch Check? What does the switch say on the Status screen? Does the Status screen show all three satellites?

The Winegard controller is reading off of the dish LNB so that says that the dish is aligned correctly. And you only need one coax from the dish to the Wally and you are receiving one satellite so that is okay. Have you run a Switch Check? What does the switch say on the Status screen? Does the Status screen show all three satellites?
Thank you for your response. The Status only showed one satellite... 119 with a green check mark... Someone from a different forum said that I should be reading all 3 satellites under Diagnostics Tab “DISH 3”... Also mentioned I am not getting HD channels because I need to read/see satellite 129.

Run the Switch Check. I assume the Wally is like the Hopper and does not do an implicit check on power up. It might be called Test Installation.

I will have to wait until Monday since the motorhome is being serviced for the annual maintenance... ALSO... I was watching a To Do video on You Tube...
Run the Switch Check. I assume the Wally is like the Hopper and does not do an implicit check on power up. It might be called Test Installation.

I will have to wait until Monday since the motorhome is in for maintenance service... Do you know if there is a SWM switch between the Winegard roof mount and the receiver. The video I saw mentioned that it would have to be removed (I guess used with DirecTV) otherwise the Wally receiver would have problems...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)