Satellite Internet Provider OR 50' Telescoping Pole

iammai00

Original poster
Aug 5, 2011
North Texas
I live in the country and am almost completely surrounded by trees. I have recently terminated my contract with a satellite provider as I thought I had found a "faster" and more reliable company. Tech came out yesterday and could not find a "view" for their satellite because of the trees. He said I need to get a 50' telescoping pole but would need to get permission from the company for installation. I called company and was told they could not guaranty satellite would work. I don't want to spend $200+ for pole only to find out it won't work so am trying to get view point and information of other people who may have been in similar situation. Thanks for your help!

50' poles tend to blow over. Probably better to either cut down a tree, or run a long cable to a point where you do get a view of the satellite.

Good idea. I'll look it over when I get home tonight and see what can been done. May be more expensive to cut down a tree than buy a pole -- but have a dead tree that need to be cut down anyway. May be that will solve my problem. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)