Satellite issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mmmason23

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Marquette,mi
I signed up with dish in dec. Within a month I needed a tech to come out because I wasn't getting a good signal on 129. Dish sent a tech from a different installer and he said he would have never hooked me up because of tree issues. The original tech then came out and moved the dish and seemed to fix it. Then last month I began having issues with the 110 satellite. Signal from 10-14. I called the installer directly and he came and put the dish on a higher pole. I called him directly whiched saved me the 15 fee. Now I'm again having 110 issues, signal of 14. I don't think he'll be able to get a solid signal on all three the way the trees are here. Advice? Call dish or call the installer directly again?

Yeah I'll probably call the installer. Just wondered if I should call dish in case they can't resolve. Possible reason for cancelling early if they can't fix it? Some of the trees are the neighbors

You must have lots of trees, whenever I try to force an install it usually never works only causes problems for me and the customer so I would drop dish or see if 1K4 is a viable option. Beside all you are doing is creating TC after TC if they go through dish that one job will destroy the tech TC rate, remember each one counts as a RTC so he will stop coming becaus they might back charge him for every TC.

Not a ton of trees, but they ate extremely
large and tall, and of course to the south of my house. There is a gap between two that seems perfect for 129. It just seems he can only get a strong signal on 129,119 and 110 suffers. Or good signal on 110,119 and 129 suffers. This will be the fourth time in five months they'll have to come out. Now I see why they didn't mind why I called them directly

I really don't want multiple dishes, I don't think they would put me on ea since my locals are on 129

Line of Site, tree issues are not really Dish Networks fault. If 2 or more dishes are required to get all the signals then if you really want satellite tv you may have to accept that option. Sounds to me like the opening in the trees is only good for 2 satellites and not the required 3 needed for western arc. It all really depends on how bad you want this.

Shouldn't they have figured this out when first installing so I could still have a chance to not get locked into a contract? The installer was just here and the only solution it seems is to put a second dish in my yard on a pole and dig up the yard to run the cable. Is my only solution to let them do this or eat 300 bucks on an ETF? What a fiasco

Well the installer put in on the work order that he couldn't get LOS for 110. I called into dish and they canceled my account and waived my ETF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts