Satellite Nation -- January 21, 2015 Archive -- SDR Radios

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Season 2, Episode 19

On this episode of Satellite Nation, Brian and I were joined by Mario Filippi. Mario have been a radio enthusiast for over 37 years. He has written articles for several magazines including Tele-audiovision magazine and The Spectrum Monitor. We briefly touched on Software Defined Radio's(SDR) and how to get started for as little as $15 dollars, assuming you all ready own a PC. An excellent read is to go HERE and read his current article on SDR in Tele-Audiovision Magazine. This is a great Primer on SDR. We will have Mario back in a couple of weeks to go into greater detail.

Show Notes and Links:
SDR# Software Download(For Windows)
SDR Touch for Android Tablets and Phones also can be used on Amiko A3*.
SDR TOUCH RTL2832U Driver
HDSDR

*Note you will also need the driver for this to work. It will not work on all devices.
If you want the full version of SDR Touch it is $9.99 and I personally have not got the key to load on the A3.
Update: Full version of SDR Touch is working fine on my A3 now. My problem was running beta firmware on the A3.
There are others I would love to hear feed back in a new thread if others try or know of others ones that work well.

Attachments

• SatNation_01_21_2015_64k.mp3
    26.5 MB · Views: 361
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)