Satellite newbie help

U

Unregistered

Original poster
hello everyone,
I'm trying to set up a system for my dad to watch foreign channels(Vietnamese). The one that doesn't require monthly fee or any hacking. I read it on some ads. I was wondering if someone can help me with this. I've already done little research. For instance like what sort of satellite dish I need and what kind of receivers. Any information or help would be really appreciated! THANKS!

Unregistered said:
hello everyone,
I'm trying to set up a system for my dad to watch foreign channels(Vietnamese). The one that doesn't require monthly fee or any hacking. I read it on some ads. I was wondering if someone can help me with this. I've already done little research. For instance like what sort of satellite dish I need and what kind of receivers. Any information or help would be really appreciated! THANKS!

If he is just looking for Vietnamese channels (or a specific channel), you would need the following:

-at least a 30" (76cm) dish
-a KU band LNBF
-a receiver

a directtv or Dish Network dish & LNB will not work (too small). If you're not worried about moving the dish, any receiver will work. There are specific ones that will control a motor or do "blind search" or "smart search". You wouldn't have to program in anything...it automatically searches for the frequencies and stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts