Satellite Radio Question

carfixer_07

Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Bramwell, WV
I am currently wanting to go with satellite radio but i want to know if yall can help me with which one is better?? i dont really care to much about sports i just want music and something that is commerical free.

i have some more questions about it as well:

1. is it hard to setup
2. does it go with your existing car speakers or how does it work

any help would be greatly appreciated

They are both relatively the same, so you can't go wrong either way; I am in the Sirius camp.

1. Setup? Well are you going to get a plug and Play type or hardwire?

2. Speakers? You will have nothing to do with your speakers, they are just output.

A plug and play simply is installed by you in minutes. It transmits via FM and you can tune your current radio to that FM and receive.

A hard wire is likely something you would want a pro to do for you; more time and more cost; better sound.

I agree it doesn't matter. I have XM, thought there is some comercials on the popular channels. The thing I like the most about Satellite radio is the amount of choice I listen to anything from Classical, Jazz to Rock so it's the best.

I've had both and prefer Sirius' music channels. They are both more or less the same though.

With the merger hopefully imminent, it won't matter which you choose anyway.

I have XM and I love it. I know many folks love Sirius. I recommend that you do the following before you make a decision:

1. Review the channel lineups of both services to see which may serve you better.

2. Both XM and Sirius have free 3-day online trials. You listen through the internet. This gives you the opportunity to try before you buy. Though not all channels are available, you can get a good feel for each service.

Optionally, review the radio/device choices. These may also influence you, but this should be secondary.

Make a decision and go for it.

Enjoy,
Bob

I've now got both XM and Sirius. The Sirius is built into my new car, and I've had an XM Roady2 that I used in my old car.

As far as the stations I listen to, the playlist (so far) seems to be similar.

I do like having it built in.

Just another opinion.

LER

XM here. Love MLB. XM does offer nice portable units. Not sure if Sirius has them yet. Have had my Pioneer unit for 2 years... and have beat the hell out of it.

I could care less about sports so I went for the better music channels since at the time I listened to those the most. I couldn't stand O&A, but I liked The Monsters in the Morning show. The music sucked (IMO) on XM. I switched over to Sirius for the music, but when Stern and BTLS got added that made it even better. I now have my truck, wifes van ,the boat and the house all hooked up to Sirius.

I just bought a Suzuki Grand Vitara and the radio is XM ready, but I don't want to pay $300 for the head unit(I was shocked when I realized it didn't come with it). I'm thinking about getting a Sirius radio, I was woundering if the SIRIUS Stratus Radio was a good radio?

I think so, but you might want to read product reviews on the Circuit City and Cnet sites. I have no problem recommending the Stratus to my friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)