Satellite restriction HOA

My point is if they consider the railing to be an exterior wall, then by definition, anything within that exterior wall confinement would be considered interior. If they do not consider the railing to be an exterior wall, then only the patio itself is consider the outside wall, and the HOA should be responsible for maintaining the balcony of all of their tenants.

My point is if they consider the railing to be an exterior wall, then by definition, anything within that exterior wall confinement would be considered interior. If they do not consider the railing to be an exterior wall, then only the patio itself is consider the outside wall, and the HOA should be responsible for maintaining the balcony of all of their tenants.

California
"Swedelson says he's often encountered confusion over who's responsible for maintaining balconies. "I'm routinely running into situations in which the board mistakenly believes it's the homeowner's responsibility to maintain balconies, and there's been no maintenance on them," he says."
California HOAs Eye Balconies after Tragedy; You Should, Too

Boston
"The Court further stated that the fact that the balconies are not “common area”, but part of the individual units is immaterial, the relevant question is whether the needed repair is structural in nature. The Court held that based on the fact that the repair involved structural components of the balconies, which are part of the common areas, the Association is responsible for repairs to the common area and the cost to repair the balconies are to be assessed to all unit owners as a common expense."

NH
Does HOA need to repair balconies?
HOA posting -"In NH our documents classify the balconies as limited common space and we are responsible for upkeep and repair of said balconies. We just did so on 2 balconies last week." "But the owners are responsible for making sure that the snow is shoveled off them so the weight of the snow could not compromise the structure if the lode became too much for the structure. I.e. If warming occurred with rain causing the snow to become too heavy."

NC
"For a condo in this state, the owner property is from the drywall inward. Therefore, the balconies are Limited Common areas and HOA responsibility."

THEY ARE generally responsible for the structure of a balcony - thus you can be told not to drill holes in the floor or the side walls of it. The law makes sense, how many owners could replace, fix structural damage to a balcony, which could be dangerous to others. No, it's the HOA who is much easier to go after to get it done.
Some of you are making the mistake taking an FCC regulation that governs the placement and and only the placement of an antenna to what the HOA has legal authority to do regarding balconies, to regulate the structure, meaning regulate the attachment of that antenna.
AGAIN Claude hit it - if the HOA insists on no drilling and unless you know and can prove that is not the law or in the legal documents you signed you have to use a mount with weights or whatever clever way you can to install the antenna. I posted and then an actual document echoing what I said was posted of how you may be able to get it installed with drilling holes. But it's often up to the HOA, nothing new.

Reactions: Hall and dolfan3033
In most condos, all exterior walls and attachments are maintained by the association, thus they have the right to refuse you making any modifications (attaching antennas, drilling holes, changing light fixtures, etc.) to anything they are responsible for which could be a liability to them in the future.

You may place a non-penetrating dish platform on the patio, but you may not be able to attach it or drill holes to run your wires through the wall into the condo.

In most condos, all exterior walls and attachments are maintained by the association, thus they have the right to refuse you making any modifications (attaching antennas, drilling holes, changing light fixtures, etc.) to anything they are responsible for which could be a liability to them in the future.

You may place a non-penetrating dish platform on the patio, but you may not be able to attach it or drill holes to run your wires through the wall into the condo.
That reminds me of an old cable commercial that I saw about 20 or more years ago. One part of it showed a guy who lived in a condo with the patio in the background. There was a big hurricane like storm and the wind knocked a free standing dish over. It was definately playing to people in this situation.

Reactions: littlecloud319
This is the one I use. You can likely find it cheaper on Amazon or Ebay. The mast is reversible with 2 sizes. Satellite AV, LLC - Satellite Broadcaster Support and Equipment Distribution

Here’s a picture of mine:

9E9B7EAC-9991-487D-B6D2-760559B5D24A.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts