Satellite Signal Loss

BruceE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
I have a Dish HD system. I keep getting a loss of signal on my tv which says to unplug the receiver. I live in a small town and did not buy my system local and I have a hard time finding anyone who is willing to work on my sytem. My local stations are also in hd now but I do not receive them in hd.
Will my system have to be updated to get my locals in hd?
Does anyone know what the charge would be to have this done?
Does anyone know how I can go aout getting someone to work on my system.

Thank you,
BruceE

You don't mention where you are, nor what package you're subscribed to, nor what you have for a dish antennas. The general answer is to call Dish and see what they can offer. They offer the big four SD local channels in all markets, but not all markets have HD channels as yet via satellite, nor the other channels not one of the big four networks. If you have an HD receiver, then you probably have an ATSC tuner or tuners. I use these all the time to get channels in HD or SD subchannels that Dish doesn't yet offer via satellite.

I don't personally remember ever seeing a loss of signal message telling me to unplug the receiver. Disk problems in DVRs, yes.

Hello. My name is Tony Thomas with DISH Network Customer Service. just catching the post and hoping I can help. TheKrell is definately correct in that if you are having an issue, the best recourse may be the over-the-phone troubleshooting. I see this post is kind of old (a couple weeks) and I hope this has been resolved. However, I can certainly assist with signal questions and issues via the forum as well. Knowing your location, satellite locations (or just what kind of dish you are using), and what channels are having the problem might help us post some ideas to assist in the future as well. If you do have any further questions related to this or just general tech questions, please feel free to post here, as the forum members along with DISH Network Customer Service will be available to help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts