Birmingham ABC 33/40 HD Problems

pjsjeep

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 22, 2008
Tuscaloosa AL
Is anyone in the Birmingham AL market having problems with sound drops and digitization on the HD channel of 33/40 040?? I am having no other problems. Its just like the old CBS HD problems we had last year. I was thinking my 722 was going bad as it was while watching DVR, but I have been watch live TV and it is still happening constantly. So bad that I am watch SD !!!! Any help be nice, like whom to call???

Thanks

I dont watch 33/40 that often, but I will watch the news on there tonight and report back if I am having the same problem.

ABC 33/40 HD Problems

Yes, that channel is having problems. I called Dish last night and the tech said that they were having issues with 33/40 channel. He didn't give me a time frame when it would be fixed. The sad thing is I've only had Hi Def Receivers for 2 days, and can't get the local SD channels because the tech who installed my new dish took away my old dish. Another call to Dish and the tech is sending someone out tomorrow to reinstall my old dish so I can receive SD Channels. Go figure. :rant:

I didn't think it was just me, all the other channels are fine. I only watch 3-4 shows on ABC, but wife DVR,s her soap from ABC. Thanks for check. If you hear anymore please reply....

I'll check out 33/40 tonight to see if I see any problems. Meanwhile you can email dishquality@echostar.com with your PQ/sound issues. Be sure and tell them the actual satellite channel number (6495) and describe as best you can what you are seeing/hearing and also what time of day etc. Give them some time and they will respond.

I had success getting them to fix PBS channel 10 with that method.

The sad thing is I've only had Hi Def Receivers for 2 days, and can't get the local SD channels because the tech who installed my new dish took away my old dish. Another call to Dish and the tech is sending someone out tomorrow to reinstall my old dish so I can receive SD Channels. Go figure. :rant:

Sounds like they put you on the 1000.4 EA setup. Yep, definitely no SD locals on that setup. They'll need to get you on the 1000.2 WA setup.

EDIT: Just watched the channel. Definitely having sound drops and pixelation. I watched Wheel of Fortune for a few minutes and I'm already noticing them. So definitely not a problem on your end. All of you who are having that issue give that email a try. The more people that report it the more likely they'll quickly fix it.

Last edited:
Just seems to be getting worse to me. I have changed my DVR recordings to SD hoping that will be better. I know last year when the CBS channel had problems, it took several months to get figured out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)