satellite signal polarity

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

central1ny

Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
central ny
This may be a stupid question, but I am new to satellite. I was wondering, when I look at the lyngsat website, how can I tell what polarity a Ku beam is on a given satellite? Thank you.

In the far left column labeled "Freq Tp" you will see something like H (for Horizontal), V (for Vertical), L (for Left), R (for Right).

Is this what you were needing? WELCOME to SatGuys!

Thanks for the help. I guess I have a lot to learn. I understand that there is circular and linear polarity when it comes to signals? I did find the following website that states "Digital signals are transmitted from the satellites on either Vertical (V) or Horizontal (H) polarity for linear feeds, or on Right (R) and Left (L) polarity for circular feeds." Starting to make sense.

http://www.satcruiser.com/understanding_polarity.htm

Actually I don't have anything yet. I am trying to learn as much possible so that I purchase the right equipment. My goal is to get a FTA dish, maybe 31". The primary use is for one-way satellite internet on AMC6 sat. But I was hoping to be able to get a special bracket and mount a 2nd LNBF to pick up some free channels from other satellites.

Or maybe think about a motor to use/see the entire arc, unless you just have to use a fixed setup and I think that bracket will only allow a 2° separation from AMC6's 72.0° location (I might be wrong, as I use a motor). I am also not too familiar with any internet sub from AMC6 other than the Station-53 offering, so not too sure on how that works either; I am not a huge fan because I need quality connection for VoIP use. Maybe think a bit bigger dish size too IMHO.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)