Satellite splitters?

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
You cannot split a satellite signal that goes to multiple satellite locations, ie dish 500, d1000, Superdish. A dish 300 can be split, but it's advised not to. If you want to add another receiver, the smart thing to do is run a seperate cable from your LNB to the new receiver. I assume since you have an 811 you receive HD programming so it's likely you have at least a Dish 500 with a DP twin. It'll have a 2nd port on it that is currently not being used. There are a couple other configurations that could be in place, but that is the most likely one.

Fgsilva said:
I was at Radio shack the other day and I saw this http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103928&cp=&kw=satellite&parentPage=search

The product description says "Split your satellite TV signal two ways! " and "Compatible with most digital satellite brands"

I thought that those didn't work with satellites? :confused:

So, would this work then if I were to add another Dish net receiver? I currently only have one line coming to my 811.

Thanks!
Maybe on your receiver's RF output. Not to split the input from the satellite, though.

Gotcha. I actually have a dish 1000. So, would I still be able to do what you said below?

Thanks!

JohnTenn said:
You cannot split a satellite signal that goes to multiple satellite locations, ie dish 500, d1000, Superdish. A dish 300 can be split, but it's advised not to. If you want to add another receiver, the smart thing to do is run a seperate cable from your LNB to the new receiver. I assume since you have an 811 you receive HD programming so it's likely you have at least a Dish 500 with a DP twin. It'll have a 2nd port on it that is currently not being used. There are a couple other configurations that could be in place, but that is the most likely one.

Yes. Dish 1000 should have a DPP twin, and a DP dual on it. You'll notice the left LNB(as you stand behind the dish) is actually 2 LNB's in one. if you pull it off you'll see a spare port. You can connect to this.

Cool! Thanks. i'll keep that in mind if I can find a 942 cheap enough to buy!

JohnTenn said:
Yes. Dish 1000 should have a DPP twin, and a DP dual on it. You'll notice the left LNB(as you stand behind the dish) is actually 2 LNB's in one. if you pull it off you'll see a spare port. You can connect to this.

The Radio Shack part you listed should never be used with DBS satellite systems coming from the dishes. Its not rated for a high enough frequency. You would need something rated up to 15GHz.

those switches will only work in a few options
-splitting a DP single to 2 receivers (like for a 61.5 dish only). Has to be a DishPro
-if you are using Legacy setup for 110 & 119 and need 2 SW44 switches, you would plug a splitter on each of the 4 outputs of the LNB's
-this works good for FTA but one receiver would only have the same polarity as the main unit.
-splitting a C & KU band LNB to both an analog and digital receiver. This is the option I use :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts