Satellite TV/Internet Question-Mexico

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DanB52

Original poster
May 12, 2009
seattle
My wife are in the process of building a house/Casa in Melaque, Mexico and would like to install one or if necessary two sat. dishes for TV and Internet. We are from the US and have heard to get SKY-TV you have to be from Canada, I know we can get SKY in Mexico but is the programing the same as SKY-Canada? We are presently hooked up with Direct TV and have heard that we can get Direct in Mexico with the right dish but only a few channels.

Any help would be, well helpful.

Thanks

Hi Dan, let me tell you that SKY in Mexico is very diferent than SKY in US, it doesn´t has too many english options, no HD channels. Dish is just beginning to get in the country but with a very few channels, no english, and no HD also. DirecTV doesn´t exist.

The downside for all this bad options in good TV in Mexico is done because of the strong monopoly TV enterprices and weak government.

Anyway you can get good sat options in english but you have to investigate for them when you were in Melaque, since you will be in the North of the country you can see good stuff in FTA, also some good spanish options and a few in HD.

¡¡Suerte amigo!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)