SatelliteGuys Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
By request, here are some pics of our cabins. My wife and I had a Family Mini-Suite on Deck 12 midship. It was pretty roomy compared to some cabins we've had. The bathroom had a tub that the wife really appreciated.:D

Scott and Eva had a suite in the Haven, Deck 16 Forward. The Haven is an exclusive area only for suite guests. It was really, really , really nice.

If you want real excitement, let's invite Bob...guaranteed onboard fire, H1N1 outbreak, hurricane, iceberg strike and capsizing. Just don't forget to bring your umbrellas and raincoats...wouldn't want to ruin your vacation. :)

If you want real excitement, let's invite Bob...guaranteed onboard fire, H1N1 outbreak, hurricane, iceberg strike and capsizing. Just don't forget to bring your umbrellas and raincoats...wouldn't want to ruin your vacation. :)

He would have the boat to himself...

If we had Bob on board, chances are good we would hit an iceberg in the middle of the Caribbean. :D

Actually I think having Bob on the boat would be fun.

We had such a good time on this past cruise. Hopefully Voyager6 will chime in and let us know his review of things. I hope he felt like a winner on this trip.

Thanks to everyone for 10 great years.

I think a cruise with any member here except one would be interesting and fun.

I'll let Rey figure out who that one is.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Define......iceberg strike?!?!

Define......iceberg strike?!?!
The frozen kind. Not the FTA Guy.

Iceberg actually was selected as the staff winner of the cruise. But he don't travel so he took the $$$. Honestly I would have rather had him on the ship with us.

I think a cruise with any member here except one would be interesting and fun.

I'll let Rey figure out who that one is.

Are you saying Bob from PA would be better than Ray from FL? At least Ray would not bring with him a hurricane!

I have 2 NCL cruises booked for this year, one next year. End of July (26th) on the Gettaway, and September (22nd) the Fareo Islands and Iceland. Next year I have one booked March 14th on the Jewel from Houston. I would have gone on the Satguys Breakaway tour, but I had another business meeting that week.

I've never been on a cruise. People at work who do them say they are a great vacation. The pictures are amazing. Makes me think about doing one. I'm not a real big "crowd" person so that's why I keep thinking I'd be uncomfortable doing one. But the sights and the good fun you have makes it seem really cool. Thanks for the pics!

There are not really any crowds... only time you see large groups of people is when a show ends and everyone is exiting the theater.

Here are pics from the cruise taken by our pal Barry who organized all the Cruise Critic events on board.

http://s306.photobucket.com/user/Luv2Cruz_bucket/library/NCL Breakaway 3-30-14

You will notice in his pics he has a lot of pictures from around the ship and you will notice how (not) busy the hallways are. :D

I've never been on a cruise. People at work who do them say they are a great vacation. The pictures are amazing. Makes me think about doing one. I'm not a real big "crowd" person so that's why I keep thinking I'd be uncomfortable doing one. But the sights and the good fun you have makes it seem really cool. Thanks for the pics!

You have to view the cruise ship as a floating hotel. Around your room is just like in a hotel, you are pretty much alone, you pass a few people in the hall.

Depending on what time you eat your meals you can have a crowd or not. There is some food service 24 hours a day. You can even opt for room service for every meal to avoid everyone...

In most ports you can do what you want on your own, just have to be back on board before the ship sails (some places like Russia require a tour company to get a visa into the country).

You can make it as private or as crowded as you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)